[woa]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Comic Panel

3 posters

Go down

Random Comic Panel Empty Random Comic Panel

Post by Tal Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:40 pm

Random Comic Panel Random_comic_panel_by_talent412-d3bxrww
Herp da derp
Too lazy to repost description and such from DA. COPY/PASTE TIME.

A boy, Jacob, leads a pretty bad life. His parents at home neglect him, he feels as if his "friends" are only there to use him, and he just has bad luck with animals. One day, he met a loose dog and attempted to pet it, but it bit his arm and tore his shirt. His only friend he could actually trust, a girl named Claire, moved away earlier that week. Later that same day, he goes home only to find his parents in an argument. When he attempts to settle it, he gets screamed at and runs out of the house. He walks to the woods near his house and notices a lot of trees cut down; and some scorched. Wondering what happened, he follows the trail to a clearing. In the clearing, he finds something he never would have imagined to find; a dragon. It was mortally wounded. It looked as if it was shot at and attacked by poachers or hunters of some sort. Moving closer, it opens his eye and stares at him. He notices there is an egg next to the dragon. The dragon looks sadly down at the egg, then nudges it to Jake. The dragon dies after that. Burying the body after hearing commotion nearby, he decides to find a way to hatch the egg and fly away somewhere far away from his town; to somewhere he could live in peace with the dragon, and maybe even more.
Along the trip, he uncovers shocking secrets about the history of dragons, meets an old acquaintance and new enemies, and has to fight to protect his newborn dragon, whom he named Draggy, from harm.

So yah. I plan on possibly making a comic out of it. THIS WON'T HAVE A STORY LIKE HTTYD BTW. To anyone Fett who might think such a thing. To answer questions that might arise, it's more like the book Dragon Rider by Cornelia Funke. Read it. I loved it. And I don't read.

SO anyway. If anyone cares remotely, leave a comment and/or more ideas for either this comic or an idea for a new one. That'd be cool.
Tal
Tal
Administrator

Administrator

Back to top Go down

Random Comic Panel Empty Re: Random Comic Panel

Post by BA Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:05 pm

He decides to find a way to hatch the egg and fly away somewhere far away from his town; to somewhere he could live in peace with the dragon, and maybe even more.
This part seemed pretty compelling to me. I liked the aspect of the boy's attempt at freedom from the bad situation by means of growing and maturing not only the dragon, but himself as well. A sort of "coming of age" one could say. Many stories tend to play out like that, but I always find them interesting nevertheless.

I know the main story in general will have continuity, but are you going with continuity between each comic strip in respect to setting and immediate plot, or will it be episodic with each comic strip being "a slice" of a random event in the story which builds together to form of the bigger picture in the end?
BA
BA
A Member
with admin powers
A Member  with admin powers

https://woaclan.forumotion.net/u84

Back to top Go down

Post by Tal Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:55 pm

Probably the latter. Too lazy to collaborate everything into "hurrdurrgottacatch'emall" format. Lol. So what I'll do is like you said, plug in main points and collaborate those so people have the main idea of what's going on without questioning too much about what happened.
Tal
Tal
Administrator

Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ender Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:34 pm

Tal, ever read "Eragon"? I'm sure you have. And if not, it's the series for you.
Ender
Ender

http://www.tetspace.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tal Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:02 pm

Ender wrote:Tal, ever read "Eragon"? I'm sure you have. And if not, it's the series for you.
Oh but of course. I still need to acquire Brisingr and read it. About two-three years ago (whenever it first came out) my friend lent it to me during a weekend we spent up in Gettysburg. I got halfway through before the weekend ended and never saw the book again. I. Must. Read. It.
Tal
Tal
Administrator

Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down