[woa]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Primary Clan Ideas (IMPORTANT NEWS)

+3
{WOA}m3taray
giDrew
Grimblade
7 posters

Go down

Primary Clan Ideas (IMPORTANT NEWS) Empty Primary Clan Ideas (IMPORTANT NEWS)

Post by Grimblade Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:17 pm

Well, while having a great conversation with Drew on the chatbox about the clan, I hatched a few brilliant ideas. Keep in mind that I cannot do all of this, so I will need help from the good members of WOA to put them into action.

1. Regular clan meetings.
Meetings would not only bring the members together, it would also give up time to discuss things to help the clan as a whole.

2. Alliance.
Having a new alliance would also help the clan. I don't mean go out and invite every other Brawl/CoD clan to be an ally, I simply mean that we should be on the lookout for one that has friendly traits similar to ours.

3. Clan Events
Clan events are EXACTLY what we need. Fun times to bring the clan together for various activities. If you wish to host one, just run it by one of the admins, and we can schedule it, as long as it's reasonable.

4. Recruiting
Well, this one is kind of obvious, but I'm still going to point it out. If any of you can, it would be greatly appreciated if you could try to recruit WOA some new members.

5. Posting Motives
As you may have noticed, not many people are posting as often as they should, so we need ideas to give people some incentive to post.
-Contests
Contests on the forums are a good way to get people to post, so if you would like to host one, go ahead and do so. ;)
Grimblade
Grimblade
Administrator

Administrator

https://woaclan.forumotion.net/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Primary Clan Ideas (IMPORTANT NEWS) Empty Re: Primary Clan Ideas (IMPORTANT NEWS)

Post by giDrew Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:58 pm

srsly all GREAT ideas and i will do everything i can to help put ALL of these into action.....these will help our clan a lot! BUT like grim said....we will need your cooperation and support guys! BUT dnt worry.........it will b fun not work!

so, lets start w the clan activities hmm........
how about......

the 1st and 3rd weekend of every month we have a clan war with ourself!(a tourney)

it will b like official practice, but still a real war! we will make teams, leaders and all b4 every war! it will all be handled just like a real clan war. GREAT practice....good for activity.....AND just plain funness lol

we will alternate. on the 1st weekend, we will have the brawl war on saturday and the cod war sunday.....the 3rd weekend of every month we will have the cod war saturday and the brawl war sunday

sound good?

maybe well even throw an MK war in sum x but they will b announced WELL in advance to make sure every1 knows so we get a good turnout =D
Cool

also, any special event that YOU want to host just let sum1 kno like grim said and we will help u plan it! (for example shiki wanted 2 plan the ACCF olympics where we all play lots of different mini games in AC 4 rlly good prizes....lets do it shiki!) or 4 example maybe we could have a special brawl day where the official teams of WOA battle it out or sum kind of GH face off, MK team race, sum kind of cod game...w/e u guys want!

giDrew
Former Leader of WOA
Former Leader of WOA

https://woaclan.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Primary Clan Ideas (IMPORTANT NEWS) Empty Re: Primary Clan Ideas (IMPORTANT NEWS)

Post by {WOA}m3taray Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:33 am

-all these ideas sound good! the tournament idea and the alliances would really bring us together really well! having a alliance is a really good idea cuz we can get more members that way and look like a really friendly clan (which we are) and get our rep, as a clan, up.

-as with the tourneys, they will just bring us closer as a clan and get our skills up and help with our tactics as a clan in whichever game we play!
{WOA}m3taray
{WOA}m3taray

Back to top Go down

Post by B0MB AKA L33ROYY Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:30 pm

My Runescape clan has posting competitions every now and then to see who can get the most posts in a day. :D We should do that.

And we should have official "practice" days during the week like Monday could be Mario Kart, Tuesday could be Brawl (lol), Wednesday could be our CoD practice day, etc.

Let's declare a clan meeting for some day this week and discuss our ideas...and let's make sure we put our ideas into action... because whenever I feel like I have a good idea it never works b/c I don't put it into action :S
B0MB AKA L33ROYY
B0MB AKA L33ROYY
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimblade Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:37 pm

Very good ideas, Drew. That sounds great to me, but we'll have to mix things up a bit each time to keep it interesting. Maybe have some of the tourneys ffa, and some team matches(in our assigned doubles).

ULoseIWinHaHa wrote:My Runescape clan has posting competitions every now and then to see who can get the most posts in a day. :D We should do that.
The problem with that is that it may induce spam. :silent:

ULoseIWinHaHa wrote:Let's declare a clan meeting for some day this week and discuss our ideas...and let's make sure we put our ideas into action... because whenever I feel like I have a good idea it never works b/c I don't put it into action :S
Sounds like a good idea. ;)

We need a separate cbox in our forums specifically for clan meetings, so that it will be free of Xaters and we will be able to discuss clan matters in peace. I'll leave that part to Drew, I guess.
Grimblade
Grimblade
Administrator

Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by B0MB AKA L33ROYY Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:58 pm

It does induce spamming. But it doesnt matter XD and we make it strict that you cant spam... people sorta do it but not like 1000 posts of spam...

But anyway we have to have a meeting and type up everything we got done and then DO IT so the meeting isnt just a waste of time.
B0MB AKA L33ROYY
B0MB AKA L33ROYY
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimblade Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:57 pm

ULoseIWinHaHa wrote:It does induce spamming. But it doesnt matter XD and we make it strict that you cant spam... people sorta do it but not like 1000 posts of spam...

But anyway we have to have a meeting and type up everything we got done and then DO IT so the meeting isnt just a waste of time.
Alright, then let's schedule it for tomorrow night at...8:00PM EST. We just need Drew to make a cbox.
Grimblade
Grimblade
Administrator

Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:50 pm

i could round up all the xboxers and get some games going
Storm
Storm
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimblade Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:49 pm

Storm wrote:i could round up all the xboxers and get some games going
The thing is, this is a wii clan. Pretty much the only requirement is that you have a wii, so whichever xboxers you round up would have to have a wii, too.
Grimblade
Grimblade
Administrator

Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimblade Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:23 am

A BIG issue right now is activity.

I mean, look at this:
Primary Clan Ideas (IMPORTANT NEWS) Zjggg6

We need ways to get people to stay a bit longer instead of showing up and then leaving right after. I had the chatbox open yesterday for hours with barely anyone talking. (a group from a clan even showed up wanting a CoD war and I had to turn them down 😢 )

Also, a good portion of our members don't even use the forums! The forums play a key role in any clan, so we need to get everyone posting.
Grimblade
Grimblade
Administrator

Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:53 am

that is also at 7 am in the morning, most people are at school grim.
Storm
Storm
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by giDrew Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:06 pm

Grimblade wrote:A BIG issue right now is activity.

I mean, look at this:
Primary Clan Ideas (IMPORTANT NEWS) Zjggg6

We need ways to get people to stay a bit longer instead of showing up and then leaving right after. I had the chatbox open yesterday for hours with barely anyone talking. (a group from a clan even showed up wanting a CoD war and I had to turn them down 😢 )

Also, a good portion of our members don't even use the forums! The forums play a key role in any clan, so we need to get everyone posting.

yea i fell asleep outta nowhere at 8pm :( i woke up like oh noooooooo!!!! cuz i figured it died wen i was gone. i normally keep it active til 2 am.

but.....i just dnt see why no1 talks when im not there?????????

ask random questions and it gets convo going...simple as that........its very easy!
if u know a little bit about whoever is there, start talkin about what u know theyre interested in, and theyll talk REAL quick lol. then other ppl jump in 1 by 1 and the convo just gets bigger and bigger..........trust me i do it all the time and ita a piece of cake. i dnt c y no1 else can do it......it baffles me. just saying "TALK PPL" doesent help at all....what r u sposta say 2 that?

or instead of questions, just say whats goin on with you

all that aside grim, yes we do DEFINETLY need ways 2 make ppl talk more, which just boils down 2 having more talkative ppl like me and snoop.

as 4 posting........sum ppl just dont post and they wont no matter what u do, ive come 2 realize that. posters are posters and they like it....non posters just dont post....they dont enjoy it

the issue really is more of keeping the ppl whi LIKE posting, posting......keepin em interested

giDrew
Former Leader of WOA
Former Leader of WOA

https://woaclan.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:57 pm

i like posting. im just not going to post in some useless topic. i try to make my posts count, not just to say "omfg look i has 547545445454 posts!!!1!!!"
Storm
Storm
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimblade Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:00 pm

Storm wrote:i like posting. im just not going to post in some useless topic. i try to make my posts count, not just to say "omfg look i has 547545445454 posts!!!1!!!"
I know, but some topica may seem "stupid" or "useless", but chances are they're to be funny or random. Not every post is meant to be serious or full of information. ;)
Grimblade
Grimblade
Administrator

Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by B0MB AKA L33ROYY Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:51 pm

I don't see the big deal if no one talks from 11pm to 7am on a school night. Most of us easterners are sleeping at that time. Razz
B0MB AKA L33ROYY
B0MB AKA L33ROYY
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by cclloyd9785 Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:31 pm

it should have said i was online cause i always stay online. unless that was the night i had to stay offline.
cclloyd9785
cclloyd9785

http://cclloyd9785.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:09 pm

ULoseIWinHaHa wrote:I don't see the big deal if no one talks from 11pm to 7am on a school night. Most of us easterners are sleeping at that time. Razz
speakin the truth bomb.
im only up at 7 cuz i have 2 hour delays all week Razz Razz
Storm
Storm
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Camus Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:52 pm

it would be difficult to do something organized since there is always some one who wants to be a jokester.
Camus
Camus

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimblade Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:53 pm

Legault The Hurricane wrote:it would be difficult to do something organized since there is always some one who wants to be a jokester.
Not necessarily. We have mods and admins for a reason. ;)
Grimblade
Grimblade
Administrator

Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Camus Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:57 pm

True but it could still affect what's going on.
Camus
Camus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down