[woa]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WTF Xbox LIVE

+4
Adoamros
DanteEricson
cclloyd9785
DarkPeanut
8 posters

Go down

WTF Xbox LIVE Empty WTF Xbox LIVE

Post by DarkPeanut Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:23 pm

i tried to connect to my cousin's party on xbl and it said "Can't connect to Xbox LIVE Party, there may be network problems" and it did the same thing when trying to connect to my other friend when my NAT is open UPNP is enabled and we could connect the day before so any ideas bcuz i cleared the cache and unplugged the modem, it did let me connect to my other friend which idk why but one of my friends has a strict NAT idk what my cousin's is so any ideas on how to fix the problem, other then to buy a $40 Hub which is said to fix it. :l

FIX YOUR SHIT MICROSOFT
DarkPeanut
DarkPeanut

Back to top Go down

WTF Xbox LIVE Empty Re: WTF Xbox LIVE

Post by cclloyd9785 Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:20 pm

I bet its their nat not yours. You cant join parties when they have a strict nat, and you rarely can when its moderate.
cclloyd9785
cclloyd9785

http://cclloyd9785.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkPeanut Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:47 pm

cclloyd9785 wrote:I bet its their nat not yours. You cant join parties when they have a strict nat, and you rarely can when its moderate.
i was thinking the same thing but we could all connect before idk why now
DarkPeanut
DarkPeanut

Back to top Go down

Post by DanteEricson Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:06 pm

Xbox is mad at you for having a wii
DanteEricson
DanteEricson

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkPeanut Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:31 pm

DanteEricson wrote:Xbox is mad at you for having a wii
xbox is mad at me for setting my wii on top of it
DarkPeanut
DarkPeanut

Back to top Go down

Post by Adoamros Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:47 pm

IS IT PLUGGED IN?!
Adoamros
Adoamros
Administrator

Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by darthjawafett Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:31 pm

Thing is if u have closed nat rating and your trying to join a person whos nat is open you need someone with moderate nat so you can connect to them, bringing you to your location.
darthjawafett
darthjawafett

Back to top Go down

Post by SoulReaver Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:10 pm

Usually it depends what type of router you have or how it works, same thing happened to me and i needed two or more people in my party for my friend to join. If you get another router it might work
SoulReaver
SoulReaver

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkPeanut Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:25 pm

darthjawafett wrote:Thing is if u have closed nat rating and your trying to join a person whos nat is open you need someone with moderate nat so you can connect to them, bringing you to your location.
ik my friends it set to strict/closed but idk what my cousins is so it must me strict as well still doesnt make sense why i could connect to em but now cant :l
DarkPeanut
DarkPeanut

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimblade Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:28 am

DarkPeanut wrote:i tried to connect to my cousin's party on xbl and it said "Can't connect to Xbox LIVE Party, there may be network problems" and it did the same thing when trying to connect to my other friend when my NAT is open UPNP is enabled and we could connect the day before so any ideas bcuz i cleared the cache and unplugged the modem, it did let me connect to my other friend which idk why but one of my friends has a strict NAT idk what my cousin's is so any ideas on how to fix the problem, other then to buy a $40 Hub which is said to fix it. :l

FIX YOUR SHIT MICROSOFT
Have you considered suicide?

Jk.
Grimblade
Grimblade
Administrator

Administrator

https://woaclan.forumotion.net/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkPeanut Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:54 pm

Grimblade wrote:
DarkPeanut wrote:i tried to connect to my cousin's party on xbl and it said "Can't connect to Xbox LIVE Party, there may be network problems" and it did the same thing when trying to connect to my other friend when my NAT is open UPNP is enabled and we could connect the day before so any ideas bcuz i cleared the cache and unplugged the modem, it did let me connect to my other friend which idk why but one of my friends has a strict NAT idk what my cousin's is so any ideas on how to fix the problem, other then to buy a $40 Hub which is said to fix it. :l

FIX YOUR SHIT MICROSOFT
Have you considered suicide?

Jk.
depends who wants to know? (D) lol btw which NAT setting would be best for connecting to others
DarkPeanut
DarkPeanut

Back to top Go down

Post by BA Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:44 pm

There could be several reasons why you were able to connect in the past and now suddenly are not. It would be simpler if everybody had an open NAT type.

On a PlayStation 3 they have different NAT types that can occur on the network. NAT 1 and NAT 2 (both open types) are the ones you want to prefer meaning the they are open, NAT 2 specifically meaning you are using a router. A NAT 3 type (closed) connection is the one you want to avoid and it means you are using a router, but something is wrong with the connection/your connection will be limited.

Be sure that everybody you're playing with has verified that their Xbox networking connection is that of a open NAT type. To get to NAT 2/open, you may have to use Port Forwarding on your router if that function is available. Even if your NAT type is open, it's better to also use Port Forwarding to keep the ports open and available during your online session.

The issue you are experiencing, I believe, has nothing to do with Microsoft's Xbox Live service. It is either you (even though I doubt it) or your friend's network setup that's causing the problem.

Here is some detailed information about NAT and how it affects the Xbox Live network: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/908880
And information about fixing a NAT that is set to strict (or moderate):
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/979000/
one more thing, this might help you in finding out how to Port forward on a particular router:
http://portforward.com/
which NAT setting would be best for connecting to others
The best setting would to have an open NAT for everybody in your party.

If you're able to get you and all your friends to set up their routers so that you all have an open NAT type on Xbox Live, then there should be no problems. If your/or your friend's router doesn't allow port forwarding or is just ancient, and you are unable to get everybody to an open NAT, then you'll have to find another trick or something to get it to work.

BA
BA
A Member
with admin powers
A Member  with admin powers

https://woaclan.forumotion.net/u84

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkPeanut Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:31 pm

BA wrote:There could be several reasons why you were able to connect in the past and now suddenly are not. It would be simpler if everybody had an open NAT type.

On a PlayStation 3 they have different NAT types that can occur on the network. NAT 1 and NAT 2 (both open types) are the ones you want to prefer meaning the they are open, NAT 2 specifically meaning you are using a router. A NAT 3 type (closed) connection is the one you want to avoid and it means you are using a router, but something is wrong with the connection/your connection will be limited.

Be sure that everybody you're playing with has verified that their Xbox networking connection is that of a open NAT type. To get to NAT 2/open, you may have to use Port Forwarding on your router if that function is available. Even if your NAT type is open, it's better to also use Port Forwarding to keep the ports open and available during your online session.

The issue you are experiencing, I believe, has nothing to do with Microsoft's Xbox Live service. It is either you (even though I doubt it) or your friend's network setup that's causing the problem.

Here is some detailed information about NAT and how it affects the Xbox Live network: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/908880
And information about fixing a NAT that is set to strict (or moderate):
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/979000/
one more thing, this might help you in finding out how to Port forward on a particular router:
http://portforward.com/
which NAT setting would be best for connecting to others
The best setting would to have an open NAT for everybody in your party.

If you're able to get you and all your friends to set up their routers so that you all have an open NAT type on Xbox Live, then there should be no problems. If your/or your friend's router doesn't allow port forwarding or is just ancient, and you are unable to get everybody to an open NAT, then you'll have to find another trick or something to get it to work.

ty BA i had to change my NAT to open several times before but my friend told me his was strict so i figured it was him and lol ik i shouldnt be blaming Microsoft just my friends internet
DarkPeanut
DarkPeanut

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down