[woa]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An awesome idea that will kind of promote the clan, and let the members show of their musical talent.

+5
B0MB AKA L33ROYY
Chu
SoulReaver
Pinkie Pie
Youkoi
9 posters

Go down

An awesome idea that will kind of promote the clan, and let the members show of their musical talent. Empty An awesome idea that will kind of promote the clan, and let the members show of their musical talent.

Post by Youkoi Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:03 pm

Sup.
I was practicing my guitar today, strumming and picking away as I played some of my favorite songs.
Then I thought about WOA, and I hatched up an idea.
In case you haven't already seen, there are some people over the internet who gather up with their friends over the internet, and form a sort of "Collaboration Band", as I guess it would be called, since I don't know the real term.
It goes like this:
Each person plays their part of the song that they chose, and record it, whether audio only or a whole video of them playing. They then submit it to each other, and one or two guys match up all the recordings and put it into one, creating their final product, and all those recordings of the parts form to make one big "Band". You understand right?
Well I understand that some people here are musically talented, and also that this clan should do something special. You should probably know what I'm getting at here.
That's right, I'm gonna try to start a WOA "Collab Band". And here is how this will go:
It will start off with you guys. Whoever is interested in participating in this will post saying they will play, and what instrument. I was thinking of a rock band type, so the usual form of one consists of these instruments, and the ones I am looking for.
Vocals
Guitar/Lead Guitar
Guitar 2/Rhythm Guitar (I called it)
Drums
Though don't worry, depending on the song we might need some additional instruments. You will also post what song we should play (don't go with some crazy shit like Dragonforce's music, because we aren't THAT good). Whichever song everyone (or atleast most) agrees on, that will be the one we will play.
This is going to be a one time thing, though if all goes well we might play some other songs.
Once the members of the band are chosen, it's their turn (and mine, as well). We record the parts we are supposed to play (like mentioned above, a whole video or just the audio), and then submit it to me. You could do this by sending the record file by E-mail (i will give it to you if that is necessary) or you could post a video of you playing on youtube. Once I get all of the parts, I will TRY (if I don't succeed, I will try to get another person to do it) to put all of it together in one video. Once that is done I will upload it to YouTube, and see if it gets any views. (We may post it to that old WOA youtube account that we never use if wanted.) This will be a fun activity to those with musical talent, it would be a pleasure to watch for those who don't have, and it will in a way promote the clan.
Good Idea, Bad Idea? Tell me, and we'll see where this goes.
If you tl;dr this F%@# yourself. And you'll be missing on an opportunity to show of your musical talent.
Youkoi
Youkoi

Back to top Go down

An awesome idea that will kind of promote the clan, and let the members show of their musical talent. Empty Re: An awesome idea that will kind of promote the clan, and let the members show of their musical talent.

Post by Pinkie Pie Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:06 pm

my uncle is a rich asshole and he has one of those studio thingys to like turn on amps and whatever, i can go there soon and see what i can do, but good idea man
Pinkie Pie
Pinkie Pie

Back to top Go down

An awesome idea that will kind of promote the clan, and let the members show of their musical talent. Empty Re: An awesome idea that will kind of promote the clan, and let the members show of their musical talent.

Post by SoulReaver Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:23 pm

i kno how to play the trumpet all tho i dont kno all the notes, at vocals i dont think im that good.
but i hope for the best of luck
SoulReaver
SoulReaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Chu Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:46 pm

i play violin :) and sing a bit.

what kind of song would you want to play
Chu
Chu

Back to top Go down

Post by B0MB AKA L33ROYY Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:23 pm

TOTALLY IN

I can play guitar, that's pretty much it. Razz

But DOOD if we could play this song it would be totally epic.

Mosquito Song - Queens of the Stone Age

It's got guitar, violin, trumpet, drums, piano... get a lot of ppl involved ...

But yeah. This kind of thing would be REALLY hard to make.
B0MB AKA L33ROYY
B0MB AKA L33ROYY
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Funky Road Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:03 pm

I might do it sometime. I've gotten really good at guitar, and I'd love to play a song I've learned (Home by Daughtry, got the chords and good stuff off of ultimate-guitar.com)
Funky Road
Funky Road
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Faustus Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:37 pm

Electric bass guitar, a little rhythm guitar, piano, vocals, ocarina, and if I can get a hold of it, cello. And drums, but Id have a hell of a time trying to record that.
I'd be totally up for something like this.
By the way, I don't think there's much of a reason that we can't switch off instruments and switch around band members. I guess it sorta depends on how many songs we end up doing if any, or more than one at least.

Songs:
Feed us - Serj Tankian
Saving us - Serj Tankian
Otherside - Red Hot Chili Peppers
Wonderboy - Tenacious D
Tribute - Tenacious D (I already know this on acoustic guitar)
And if you're adept at violin Pikawars, then I could try to get my cello and we could go for an apocalyptica piece! That would be kickass.
Farewell - Apocalyptica
Ruska - Apocalyptica
Faustus
Faustus

Back to top Go down

Post by B0MB AKA L33ROYY Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:22 pm

"Tribute - Tenacious D (I already know this on acoustic guitar)"
I know this one too

I smell a duet???

lol

I'm a god awful singer though. Not that there is much singing in that song, it's more like story-telling, but some parts might get ugly
B0MB AKA L33ROYY
B0MB AKA L33ROYY
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Funky Road Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:30 pm

Hey, the song I mentioned earlier, Home by Daughtry, I looked up the chords, but it said for acoustic, but I have an electric guitar, so I guess that means I'm just doing rythm. But I mean I know some other stuff, so I might make a medley out of it. But it's not gonna be whole songs though, except Home.

I feel pretty good about this, so count me in anytime!

I can do also the Rythm for Allman Brothers - Ramblin man except the solo part, and the rhythm for Gimme Three Steps by Lynyrd Skynyrd, and Also I can do a partial intro for Sweet Home Alabama and the rest is a rhythm using the intro to look like playing basic chords
Funky Road
Funky Road
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Youkoi Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:29 pm

Well atleast this topic didn't die.
Well, here's the members I got so far:
Me-Rhythm/Lead *depending on the song*
(Maybe)Soul-Trumpet/Vocals
Pika-Violin/Vocals
Bomb-Rhythm/Lead
Faustus-Bass, Piano, Vocals

Suggested Songs:
Home-Daughtry
Mosquito Song - Queens of the Stone Age
eed us - Serj Tankian
Saving us - Serj Tankian
Otherside - Red Hot Chili Peppers
Wonderboy - Tenacious D
Tribute - Tenacious D

After I get enough potential participants, we'll start organizing who's going to play and what they'll play.
Youkoi
Youkoi

Back to top Go down

Post by Funky Road Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:51 pm

What hey XD I got the chords and stuff to Home so I'm doing that part on electric guitar lol, where am I in that list LMAO
Funky Road
Funky Road
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Chu Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:48 pm

i wouldl ike to try home or something
Chu
Chu

Back to top Go down

Post by SoulReaver Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:53 pm

Btw, the only notes i know for trumpet are...
C
D
E
F
G
I still have high notes to learn
SoulReaver
SoulReaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Chu Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:02 am

SoulReaver wrote:Btw, the only notes i know for trumpet are...
C
D
E
F
G
I still have high notes to learn

did chu just start....o.o because if you did your gonna have a hard time playing =/
Chu
Chu

Back to top Go down

Post by BigAl Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:04 pm

cool idea
BigAl
BigAl

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan The Enigma Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:05 pm

I'm mainly a drummer and a pianist. I can actually play "Don't Stop Me Now" and "Good Old Fashioned Lover Boy" both by Queen on the piano. Oh yeah. And I also sing.
Dan The Enigma
Dan The Enigma

https://www.youtube.com/user/DanTheEnigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down