[woa]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Too Much?

+6
Tal
Funky Road
kentafox
Chu
MajinKitty230
Grimblade
10 posters

Go down

Do you think the forums are too "Overwhelming"?

Too Much? Empty44%Too Much? Empty 44% 
[ 7 ]
Too Much? Empty56%Too Much? Empty 56% 
[ 9 ]

Total Votes : 16

Too Much? Empty Too Much?

Post by Grimblade Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:13 pm

Well, we've been having some debating going on in the A/M Lounge about optimizing our forums. We're trying to figure out what needs to be done to make the forums more appealing and fun for members, so we thought we'd bring this issue to a poll, to see what all of your opinions are on the matter.

The topic is whether or not you see the forums as being "Overwhelming"; in the sense that there's too many forums, and too much to scroll through while browsing the forums.

If more of you think that this is one of our issues, then we will take measures to condense our forums to some extent.
Grimblade
Grimblade
Administrator

Administrator

https://woaclan.forumotion.net/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Too Much? Empty Re: Too Much?

Post by MajinKitty230 Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:23 pm

Well, I kinda think there are too many fourms, I mean, sometimes it get confusing where someone posts stuff If u know what I mean?
MajinKitty230
MajinKitty230

Back to top Go down

Post by Chu Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:48 pm

you can scroll through the main page and look at the recent topics for an active topic in that section :Y

i dont really think its overwhelming, i find my way around fine
Chu
Chu

Back to top Go down

Post by kentafox Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:41 am

Pikawars wrote:you can scroll through the main page and look at the recent topics for an active topic in that section :Y

yes but people like us have grown used to it, we've been here for about 2 years or so
kentafox
kentafox

Back to top Go down

Post by Chu Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:15 am

kentafox wrote:
Pikawars wrote:you can scroll through the main page and look at the recent topics for an active topic in that section :Y

yes but people like us have grown used to it, we've been here for about 2 years or so

theres also either new members or members who dont use the forum that often, but again its not that hard to navigate around here
Chu
Chu

Back to top Go down

Post by Funky Road Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:21 am

I would say so that there are a few forums that we literally don't use anymore, as well as sub-forums as well.
Funky Road
Funky Road
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Tal Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:42 pm

I don't mind it as it is. I think there's just enough forums so that you know where to look for something.
Any less and there's a few things that I probably wouldn't know where they go :X
Tal
Tal
Administrator

Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by cclloyd9785 Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:26 pm

Even if you think it is too much, just change the hereciey (i think that is spelled wrong).

but its on the I think General tab. Make it so that it doesnt show subforums on the main page, you would have to go to that category.
cclloyd9785
cclloyd9785

http://cclloyd9785.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimblade Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:29 pm

cclloyd9785 wrote:Even if you think it is too much, just change the hereciey (i think that is spelled wrong).

but its on the I think General tab. Make it so that it doesnt show subforums on the main page, you would have to go to that category.
But even so, the issue is that supposedly the number of forums is "overwhelming", and is too much work to look through. Using that idea that you just mentioned, it'd be even more work, and just deepen the supposed "issue". If the poll ends up with more "Yes", we'd just combine some of our forums. Like, iono, all the Videos forums into one "Videos" forum, and maybe knock the SOTW forum into another one of the Graphic Art forums. Others as well possibly, but the poll is to determine if the members think that the number of forums is an issue.
Grimblade
Grimblade
Administrator

Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by BA Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:09 pm

kentafox wrote:yes but people like us have grown used to it, we've been here for about 2 years or so
That's a pretty major point to consider, if you were to look at the issue from the perspective of a new or prospective member, they might consider otherwise, being as they are not used to the set-up.

At the moment, it looks like there is a divide with a slight majority going for keeping things as is.
BA
BA
A Member
with admin powers
A Member  with admin powers

https://woaclan.forumotion.net/u84

Back to top Go down

Post by Ender Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:02 pm

One of the most difficult decisions made by a forum's administration is how to keep a balance on the forums; there is a thin line between order and chaos, but I think WOA is fine.

The awkward zombie forum has only 3 categories.
Ender
Ender

http://www.tetspace.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sub Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:04 pm

I think that there are too many forums. Lately I've come on here a lot more often than I usually do, and when I started, it was kinda disorienting. I'm sorta used to it now, but for newer members it could be confusing.
Sub
Sub
WOA Ally
WOA Ally

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimblade Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:20 pm

Ender wrote:One of the most difficult decisions made by a forum's administration is how to keep a balance on the forums; there is a thin line between order and chaos, but I think WOA is fine.
Yep, but it all comes down to what the members themselves want. Thus this topic. xD

I'm personally for keeping the forums as is though.
Grimblade
Grimblade
Administrator

Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum