[woa]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The forums and you.

2 posters

Go down

The forums and you. Empty The forums and you.

Post by BA Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:34 am

I was on the chat earlier today and I came across a member talking about how they didn't need to go to the forums that often, so I'm going to spend the better part of this topic discussing the importance of the message board.

Message boards are (as many of you know) a communal place of sharing and receiving. A place in which people from all around come and "post" their thoughts, views, ideas, and stories. These posts may either clash or concur with each other but what is created is a tighter community. The same can be said about Chat boxes, but one of the definitive properties of a message board is the longevity of individual messages. The messages we post here will remain here today, tomorrow, and for as long as the server can hold up during the nuclear Holocaust.

Message boards are the keystone which keep the arch of the clan together, you could also consider it as a foundation. Many important topics reside here which include many discussions of clan changing importance. The message board allows us to hear out the opinions of all members, regardless of if they are here at a certain point in time. I also believe that the message board allow us to have more meaningful conversations, we are able to think out responses and again, allow everyone to participate.

Now, I understand that the forums lately have suffered some neglect, many members have priorities with school and as such have not been around to the clan at all, but there are some of those who have decided to choose the convenience of the chatbox over the perpetual nature of message boards. If you truly hold an invested interest in this clan, then I recommend that you seek out and facilitate discussions here in conjunction with the chatbox. Make an effort for the team.

Last edited by BA on Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
BA
BA
A Member
with admin powers
A Member  with admin powers

https://woaclan.forumotion.net/u84

Back to top Go down

The forums and you. Empty Re: The forums and you.

Post by Kurono Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:47 pm

i strongly concur with BA.
the forums have practically plummet in terms of usage. i have seen only several members even use the forums.
as a wise friend of mine stated, "Message boards are the keystone which keep the arch of the clan together, you could also consider it as a foundation."
think of using the forums as leaving the clan's and your legacy.
because as BA said the messages, unless erased or deleted, will always be there forever.

also a key point to bring up, how does disregarding the forums, show a good appearance on people who are considering to join?
they will pressume, based on the low usage of the forums, that the clan is not active.
yes you may think, they could just go to the chat box. true BUT not everyone can always be on the chat box. there are times i go to WOA, to portal link, the chat box is empty, and there are a bunch of guest online, looking through the forums

so how does that look for the clan? BAD that is how.
ok think of the clan in this way.
we, the clan, are like a body. if part of the body suffers, so will the rest.
if we ignore part of the clan and focus just on another, this will hurt the clan itself. the forums are the most important part of the clan, well in my opinion.
you may have a different view from me, but i ask lets keep the clan alive, as BA said make an effort to the team.
Kurono
Kurono

Back to top Go down