[woa]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite picture/painting/visual work of art

4 posters

Go down

Favorite picture/painting/visual work of art Empty Favorite picture/painting/visual work of art

Post by BA Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:52 am

What is your guys' favorite picture? It can be from any art genre, from any time period, and from any artist. Hell, if you would like, it can be from a cartoon but if you choose one from a cartoon it better look really good. :razz:

Here is a choice of mine:
Favorite picture/painting/visual work of art 471px-Caspar_David_Friedrich_Wanderer_above_the_Sea_of_Fog

This painting was constructed by Caspar David Friedrich, a German painter who painted Romantic landscapes. This painting is called Wanderer above the Sea of Fog.

I appreciate this painting because of the vastness of it, that vastness places emphasis on the person in the center and the person in the center to me looks as though he has embarked on some grand journey into the unknown. A painting like this reflects my yearning for adventure and the abolishment of the mundane.

Edit: You may post a picture and say "because it's really cool" if you would rather do that.
BA
BA
A Member
with admin powers
A Member  with admin powers

https://woaclan.forumotion.net/u84

Back to top Go down

Favorite picture/painting/visual work of art Empty Re: Favorite picture/painting/visual work of art

Post by Funky Road Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:07 am

I like the Mona Lisa, it's a great picture from Leonardo De Vinci

further info is needed on this magnificint work of art, but I like it for some reason XD
i found a funny pic of it sorta

Favorite picture/painting/visual work of art MonaLisa
Funky Road
Funky Road
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Favorite picture/painting/visual work of art Empty Re: Favorite picture/painting/visual work of art

Post by BA Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:56 pm

Funky the Cable Guy wrote:I like the Mona Lisa, it's a great picture from Leonardo De Vinci

further info is needed on this magnificint work of art, but I like it for some reason XD
i found a funny pic of it sorta

Yeah I can agree with you on that, the Mona Lisa is a classic. Leonardo De Vinci sure was something for his time. That picture you found was hilarious.
BA
BA
A Member
with admin powers

Back to top Go down

Post by Funky Road Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:58 pm

I coulda found something more funny but........ lol I was too lazy to even find try a funnier one that would actually show up XD

And btw.. I wonder.. I've heard there is a secret behind her smile... I wonder what it is.... lol
Funky Road
Funky Road
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinkie Pie Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:21 am

Funky the Cable Guy wrote:I've heard there is a secret behind her smile... I wonder what it is.... lol
the devil is behind it. just kidding. i dont know if i even pay attention to paintings xd
i like the painting u posted ba, it looks nice, the name describes it and i like how you described it. so i am going with that 2
Pinkie Pie
Pinkie Pie

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimblade Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:56 pm

Starry Night by Van Gogh.

Link
Grimblade
Grimblade
Administrator

Administrator

https://woaclan.forumotion.net/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by BA Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:19 pm

Grimblade wrote:Starry Night by Van Gogh.

Link

Ah! Now that's is a classic. I find it interesting on how he keeps the rhythm and moment going in this painting. Good choice Grim.
BA
BA
A Member
with admin powers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down