[woa]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Strange quote

+7
Azazel
Frost
REN
Adoamros
Funky Road
Grimblade
Camus
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Strange quote Empty Strange quote

Post by Camus Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:38 pm

I found this strange quote. I was talking with funky about it and i was curious on how other people thought of it. so i made this topic. So what are your thoughts on this quote:
"Weapons, bombs and other objects of mass destruction have more power to take lives then we do to preserve and protect. There is no being that can ease the pain of a dieing man or the effects the people around him. Not even one's closest friends, allies, or relatives can heal the open wound of someone's death. Not a very happy quote. But no life can be put into a quote."

Don't ask me where i found it.

Last edited by Legault The Hurricane on Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Camus
Camus

Back to top Go down

Strange quote Empty Re: Strange quote

Post by Grimblade Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:42 pm

Hmm...interesting. (HMM)
Grimblade
Grimblade
Administrator

Administrator

https://woaclan.forumotion.net/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Funky Road Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:50 pm

It makes no sense to me. XD but i told him to put it into a topic bout it see what yall would think. he asked me if he should see if he should do it. so i said go ahead. even i was wondering what yall would think :p
Funky Road
Funky Road
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Camus Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:07 pm

I think i found something. Apparently the quote is a fan made rip off of the quote that hawkeye peirce made in the M*A*S*H 4077 series: "Three hours ago, this man was in a battle. Two hours ago we operated on him. He's got a fifty-fifty chance. We win some, we lose some. That's what it's all about... no promises, no guaranteed survival... no "saints in surgical garb." Our willingness, our experience, our technique are not enough. Guns and bombs and anti-personnel mines have more power to take life than we have to preserve it. Not a very happy ending to a movie. But then again, no war is a movie."
Camus
Camus

Back to top Go down

Post by Funky Road Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:10 pm

that does make SOME sense. but ill have to look into it a little. no war is a m....... Yeah war is real life when u look at it a new perspective, War is real life where ppl get wounded in battle and doctors operate to heal the man who was shot and or injured Razz'

Idk if thats the case but its worth a shot
Funky Road
Funky Road
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Adoamros Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:56 pm

this quote is perfect am i the only one who gets it?
Adoamros
Adoamros
Administrator

Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by REN Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:29 am

I think I get it and i think it means that its easier to damage/hurt/kill than to save/heal/protect. It also says that its harder to save someone's life, because its easier to kill someone (and thats truth). Well that was my opinion, REN to the rescue! XP

PD: I know about this because I'm studying med and besides its common sense
REN
REN

Back to top Go down

Post by Adoamros Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:38 am

REN wrote:I think I get it and i think it means that its easier to damage/hurt/kill than to save/heal/protect. It also says that its harder to save someone's life, because its easier to kill someone (and thats truth). Well that was my opinion, REN to the rescue! XP

PD: I know about this because I'm studying med and besides its common sense

XD exatlcly btw ur becoming a nurse/doctor?
Adoamros
Adoamros
Administrator

Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by REN Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:48 pm

YEAH!!! I wanna be a super doctor!!!! XP But it sure is pretty tough X_X I hope my last post answered Lyon's doubts...
REN
REN

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:22 pm

"THey were crying when their sons left. god is wearing black. hes gone so far to find a hope hes never coming back. they were crying when their sons left . all young men must go. hes gone so far to find the truth hes never comign home. oooooooooOoooOOoOooooo.......!!!!!! WELCOOOOME! TO THE SOLDIER SIDE! WHERE THERES NO ONE HERE BUT MEEEE! PEOPLLLLE!!! ALL GROW UP TO DIIIIEE! THERE IS NO ONE HERE BUT ME!!!!!!! WELCOOOOOOMMMEEE! TO THE SOLDIER SIDE!!!!! THERE IS NO ONE HERE BUT MEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! " *ends gently plucking the cords....* |-)
Frost
Frost
Administrator

Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Azazel Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:25 pm

Frost wrote:"THey were crying when their sons left. god is wearing black. hes gone so far to find a hope hes never coming back. they were crying when their sons left . all young men must go. hes gone so far to find the truth hes never comign home. oooooooooOoooOOoOooooo.......!!!!!! WELCOOOOME! TO THE SOLDIER SIDE! WHERE THERES NO ONE HERE BUT MEEEE! PEOPLLLLE!!! ALL GROW UP TO DIIIIEE! THERE IS NO ONE HERE BUT ME!!!!!!! WELCOOOOOOMMMEEE! TO THE SOLDIER SIDE!!!!! THERE IS NO ONE HERE BUT MEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! " *ends gently plucking the cords....* |-)

STFU D:<!!!!
Azazel
Azazel

http://whitecrowxv.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BA Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:35 pm

Legault The Hurricane wrote:I found this strange quote. I was talking with funky about it and i was curious on how other people thought of it. so i made this topic. So what are your thoughts on this quote:
"Weapons, bombs and other objects of mass destruction have more power to take lives then we do to preserve and protect. There is no being that can ease the pain of a dieing man or the effects the people around him. Not even one's closest friends, allies, or relatives can heal the open wound of someone's death. Not a very happy quote. But no life can be put into a quote."

Don't ask me where i found it.

this quote is saying that we cannot stop death once it sets in, we have no power to revive what's lost. once a person is lost they are gone forever. that is why weapons, bombs, and other objects of mass destruction are so dangerous and have more power.
BA
BA
A Member
with admin powers
A Member  with admin powers

https://woaclan.forumotion.net/u84

Back to top Go down

Post by Funky Road Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:03 pm

That makes sense. Thanks :D
Funky Road
Funky Road
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:53 pm

kozuka wrote:
Frost wrote:"THey were crying when their sons left. god is wearing black. hes gone so far to find a hope hes never coming back. they were crying when their sons left . all young men must go. hes gone so far to find the truth hes never comign home. oooooooooOoooOOoOooooo.......!!!!!! WELCOOOOME! TO THE SOLDIER SIDE! WHERE THERES NO ONE HERE BUT MEEEE! PEOPLLLLE!!! ALL GROW UP TO DIIIIEE! THERE IS NO ONE HERE BUT ME!!!!!!! WELCOOOOOOMMMEEE! TO THE SOLDIER SIDE!!!!! THERE IS NO ONE HERE BUT MEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! " *ends gently plucking the cords....* |-)

BRING IT BICH!
Frost
Frost
Administrator

Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Camus Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:55 pm

you shouldn't really start a fight here.
Camus
Camus

Back to top Go down

Post by REN Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:46 pm

Uhm...yeah Funks tried to stop it ^_^'''
REN
REN

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:34 am

REN wrote:Uhm...yeah Funks tried to stop it ^_^'''

What does that mean exactly?
Frost
Frost
Administrator

Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by BA Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:43 am

Legault The Hurricane wrote:you shouldn't really start a fight here.
I agree, even if you guys are joking you don't want this to get out of hand. oh and just roll with Ren's ways Cool as we all do because she's the princess.
BA
BA
A Member
with admin powers
A Member  with admin powers

https://woaclan.forumotion.net/u84

Back to top Go down

Post by darthjawafett Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:04 am

kozuka wrote:

Kozu hes only quoting part of a song..... No need to say that
The song is called
Soldier Side by System of a Down
darthjawafett
darthjawafett

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimblade Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:22 am

darthjawafett wrote:
kozuka wrote:

Kozu hes only quoting part of a song..... No need to say that
The song is called
Soldier Side by System of a Down
Ohh, you're right. (XD)
Grimblade
Grimblade
Administrator

Administrator

https://woaclan.forumotion.net/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by darthjawafett Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:47 pm

Its not a bad song.... Kinda strange... but not bad (i liked how the music video focuses on real events)
darthjawafett
darthjawafett

Back to top Go down

Post by REN Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:24 pm

Frost wrote:
REN wrote:Uhm...yeah Funks tried to stop it ^_^'''

What does that mean exactly?

I was trying to say that Funks wanted to stop the fight that was about to come, repplying to Lyon. And I think BA understodd waht I said???
REN
REN

Back to top Go down

Post by Funky Road Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:06 am

i tried to stop whut exactly. what fight. :p
Funky Road
Funky Road
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down