[woa]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Guitar Hero: Metallica Review

+3
Snooppee
giDrew
B0MB AKA L33ROYY
7 posters

Go down

My Guitar Hero: Metallica Review Empty My Guitar Hero: Metallica Review

Post by B0MB AKA L33ROYY Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:50 pm

IF YOU DON'T GET IT THEN YOU SUCK... jk lol. but really, its awesome.

NEW FEATURES:

-For each song, you can see "bonus details" (i think thats what theyre called) about the song, where you can see the songs lyrics, facts about the song, why Metallica picked it... etc etc, just a lot of cool information about the song. Black River, by The Sword happens to be one of my favorite songs so I learned a lot about it from the "Bonus details"
-There is a drumming mode called "Expert Plus", which utilizes the use of TWO bass pedals. I'm still working my way thru hard, and I don't have a second bass pedal anyway, so I haven't tried this out. Supposedly there are songs that even the developers of the game can not yet beat.
-In the bottom-left corner of the screen while you are playing the song, you can see how close you are to getting 3, 4, and 5 stars as the song progresses. Like in Rock Band. (copycats, lol)
-Many more options for customizing your instruments in create-a-character mode, including the designs of the instruments that the real band Metallica uses :D
-You can turn the slider notes on or off! So if you don't like the slider notes, you can turn them all off for your classic guitar hero experience.

That's all I can think of for NEW features that are significant... other than that it's your classic guitar hero gameplay Cool

As for difficulty... people have been worried that the touch pad notes detract from the difficulty of the game... this is simply not true. While I still haven't failed a song on Expert guitar (I've come close though Razz), the songs are a lot of fun to play and are definitely NOT too easy. Many of the solos have very hard parts that AREN'T touch pad notes. In addition, if you do find the songs too easy, this game has the Music Studio just like Guitar Hero: World Tour, in which you can create your own songs and download other people's songs off of GHTunes.

The setlist... OWNS!! There is not even ONE song on the setlist that I have played so far where I've said "I'm not playing that song again Razz". I said that many times for World Tour because of songs being either too easy or just songs I don't like. But all of the songs ARE awesome and none are so easy that they are boring.

MY ONLY COMPLAINTS:
-I think that you STILL can only connect two wiis at a time, but I haven't confirmed this. This means 4 different ppl at 4 different wiis cannot connect online and jam.
-It appears that career mode doesn't save your high scores...but on the Guitar Hero community website it might save these scores, I'm not sure. But I don't think so. And quickplay high scores are clearly saved... so if you obssess over scores like I do then play in quickplay most of the time after you beat the career.

Hmm.. that's all for now. Bottom line is, one of the best guitar hero games yet. If you even like Metallica just a little bit, you can't pass this game up.

ROCK ON!

Last edited by ULoseIWinHaHa AKA B0MB on Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:10 pm; edited 6 times in total
B0MB AKA L33ROYY
B0MB AKA L33ROYY
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

My Guitar Hero: Metallica Review Empty Re: My Guitar Hero: Metallica Review

Post by giDrew Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:01 pm

i already plan on getting it ASAP Cool

giDrew
Former Leader of WOA
Former Leader of WOA

https://woaclan.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by B0MB AKA L33ROYY Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:35 pm

K I've actually started writing my review :)
B0MB AKA L33ROYY
B0MB AKA L33ROYY
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Snooppee Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:54 pm

This review completely change my mind I reallllly want the game now! I wonder if i can find it used (O_o)
Snooppee
Snooppee

http://woaclan.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by giDrew Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:00 am

i cant wait 2 have it!

giDrew
Former Leader of WOA
Former Leader of WOA

Back to top Go down

Post by SoulReaver Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:52 pm

i want GHM so fu***** bad
SoulReaver
SoulReaver

Back to top Go down

Post by giDrew Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:52 pm

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII HHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAVVVVVEEEE IIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTT NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ITS SO FUN!!!!!!!

yo they improved a few more small things too like....idk on drums i can just hear myself a lot better now and the mechanics of the solos are much better now...the drums actualy sound how they are supposed 2. i cant WAIt for my other bass pedal

giDrew
Former Leader of WOA
Former Leader of WOA

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimblade Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:19 pm

I'll get it once I have the cash! :D

It sounds like pwnage.
Grimblade
Grimblade
Administrator

Administrator

https://woaclan.forumotion.net/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by cclloyd9785 Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:50 pm

i like this game. theres a lot of songs that rent metalica though
cclloyd9785
cclloyd9785

http://cclloyd9785.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Funky Road Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:51 am

Nah... me go pass on it.... I think i've already told everyone why......

I don't like metal all too much... its just how deep and screaming they do on the guitar and how most metal singers do their singing!!!

AND i am posting here cuz my goal is to post on EVERY single Guitar hero topic on the GH Forums
Funky Road
Funky Road
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down