[woa]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Resident Evil 6

4 posters

Go down

Resident Evil 6 Empty Resident Evil 6

Post by Kurono Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:06 pm

Well the game is going to be released on Oct. 2.
Well i the public demo is already out, since Sept. 18.

Famatsu score review for RE6

I am sure that most that are interested in the game have seen the trailers and gameplay.
Are you considering getting the game?
Kurono
Kurono

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil 6 Empty Re: Resident Evil 6

Post by Tal Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:07 am

I played all the stories from the demo at a friend's house, and I have to say this:
Leon's is the best
Chris' sucks. I hate his so much.
I can stand Sherry's because she is loaded to the teeth with guns.

I still plan on getting it though so I can play with Shiki. Because we said we would. And I'd like to hold myself to that promise.
Tal
Tal
Administrator

Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by BA Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:19 am

I don't remember who I told this to, but I'm not really liking the direction they're taking the franchise.
BA
BA
A Member
with admin powers
A Member  with admin powers

https://woaclan.forumotion.net/u84

Back to top Go down

Post by Tal Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:18 am

BA wrote:I don't remember who I told this to, but I'm not really liking the direction they're taking the franchise.
Don't worry, you're not the only one. Most people are upset with it because they said in an interview they're trying to "make it more like other games so it's be more popular."

Honestly, I think it'd be more popular if they stopped being like other games and went back to the old ways. I liked 4 because that style was new and at least it had the horror aspect to it still.
5 was fun, but I didn't like it as much.
Like I said with 6, I liked Leon's story because it went back to the zombie ways.
Hated Chris' because it was a 3D Call of duty.
Sherry's was alright. It was more towards action than survival but it was like 4 where at least the people are like, creatures.
Tal
Tal
Administrator

Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurono Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:27 pm

Truthfully i did not like the fact that they scrapped off the classic zombies from resident evil 4 or 5. I stilled played the games but for me it wasnt a survival horror game. It was more of just a survival game. I was very happy that in resident evil 6 the classic zombies would come back only to find out that this is the case in Leon's story mode. Yet i did enjoy Jake's game play better. I am against the idea of resident evil not offering the classic zombies. I mean at least if the main enemy is not a zombie incorporate it as resident evil 0. The leeches were the main monster yet it still had zombies.
when i refer to classic zombies i mean RE 1,2,3 zombies
Kurono
Kurono

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiki Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:49 pm

Tal wrote:I played all the stories from the demo at a friend's house, and I have to say this:
Leon's is the best
Chris' sucks. I hate his so much.
I can stand Sherry's because she is loaded to the teeth with guns.

I still plan on getting it though so I can play with Shiki. Because we said we would. And I'd like to hold myself to that promise.

I also enjoyed Leon's the most, for the following rasons:

1: Helena who I will never not play as is voiced by Laura Bailey who is one of my favorite voices in Anime and video games (Kid Trunks FROM DBZ, Serana from Dawnguard, and a great deal more)
2: Playing as Helena you can jump kick a zombie in the face and if that is not your definition of Awesome squared you should rewrite your internal dictionary quickly.
3: The demo for that scenario was somehow both the least and most cryptic at the same time, and you were given a reason and motivation for being there
5 because kicking zombies in the head is the funnest.

I also like Sherry's the second best, even though it took me forever to realize she was so well armed, it was the first i played, and it got me in to it.

I didn't dislike Chris's, but it was definitely my least favorite because all it was was explosions, but I do like the green bsaa agent because he reveled in the awesomeness reserved for a Redfield.

2 Thank you for honoring our promise

3 When it is unlocked Ada's will reign in my favor because Ada Wong is the best thing since ever yes goodbye.
Shiki
Shiki

http://clementizzle.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tal Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:55 pm

I have a question now that you bring up VA's.

Who is the voice actor for Jake. Because his voice sounds so very familiar. And I cannot think of who it is.
Tal
Tal
Administrator

Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiki Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:51 pm

Tal wrote:I have a question now that you bring up VA's.

Who is the voice actor for Jake. Because his voice sounds so very familiar. And I cannot think of who it is.
Yuri Lowell from ToV, Espio in sonic games, and a bunch of others.
Shiki
Shiki

Back to top Go down

Post by Tal Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:35 am

LKSBXCKBSDFKL V
YURI.
YURI.
Anyway fanboying over thank you.
Tal
Tal
Administrator

Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurono Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:45 am

You know also that you can join as a zombie in a friend's game only after they passed a stage. So if they play it again you can join as a zombie and kill them. Also there is multiplayer game modes you can play.

Shiki thank you i completely forgot about Ada!
Kurono
Kurono

Back to top Go down

Post by BA Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:15 pm

I'm surprised at how varied the review scores have been for this game. Some reviewers where okay with it, some really disliked it.
BA
BA
A Member
with admin powers
A Member  with admin powers

https://woaclan.forumotion.net/u84

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurono Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:49 pm

Yes i was reading the reviews, and some of them were outrageous.
As some reviewers say that the resident evil franchise has died.

I have played the game and i have to say i like it, i would recommend it.
The thing i don't like is that the camera angle sometimes gets in the way of the game play.
Kurono
Kurono

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiki Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:38 pm

Itachi wrote:Yes i was reading the reviews, and some of them were outrageous.

The thing i don't like is that the camera angle sometimes gets in the way of the game play.

The franchise has not died, it has evolved in a way that some people deem unsuitable. Mind you, it evolved from a place that some people found unsuitable in the first place.

I love RE6, the story is good, at least in Leon and Helena, and Jake and Sherry's campaigns. I shall begin Chris' tonight. The controls are good, and I wish that they had allowed moving and aiming from the beginning. I mean, it is logical, and makes sense. I mean the top marksman in the special tactics and rescue squad took 30+ years to learn how to move and shoot, that thought alone is a little nonsensical. I also don't mind the additional action moments in it either, it keeps the game from being boring and bland. My only major qualm with it is the fact that you can't pause the game, but i can over look it.
Shiki
Shiki

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurono Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:05 pm

Shiki wrote:

The franchise has not died, it has evolved in a way that some people deem unsuitable. Mind you, it evolved from a place that some people found unsuitable in the first place.

I love RE6, the story is good, at least in Leon and Helena, and Jake and Sherry's campaigns. I shall begin Chris' tonight. The controls are good, and I wish that they had allowed moving and aiming from the beginning. I mean, it is logical, and makes sense. I mean the top marksman in the special tactics and rescue squad took 30+ years to learn how to move and shoot, that thought alone is a little nonsensical. I also don't mind the additional action moments in it either, it keeps the game from being boring and bland. My only major qualm with it is the fact that you can't pause the game, but i can over look it.

Yes i agree it is an upgrade from RE5 and i love the controls and that you can melee the enemies.
Kurono
Kurono

Back to top Go down

Post by Tal Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:23 pm

Just picked it up today. Probably going to start it tomorrow or something because I have other things I need to do today.

By that I mean I was not home all day and I'd rather do something with my friends over Skype instead of playing RE6 atm.
Tal
Tal
Administrator

Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiki Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:49 pm

Itachi wrote:
Shiki wrote:

Yes i agree it is an upgrade from RE5 and i love the controls and that you can melee the enemies.

It's an upgrade in general.

This level of mobility should have come long before now.

Also yes the melee button is a lovely addition.
Shiki
Shiki

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurono Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:56 pm

I am glad that you think that way because i love the way it is,
Although i have friends that hate the mobility and the melee.
They just rather shoot and unload their whole clips into a zombie then complain that the zombies are too hard to kill, when they just can melee them if there are a 1 to a few and conserve ammo
Kurono
Kurono

Back to top Go down

Post by Tal Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:35 pm

Conserve ammo? By God that is something I attempt every chapter and still fail at.

I cannot hold onto ammo for the life of me. I'll run out for like every gun I own and be forced to melee the shit out of things which is almost always the reason I die. And then I'll find a stockhold and be like "SWEET SWEET AMMO COME TO ME" and then run out in the next room.

I'm not even that bad a shot. Nothing just dies.

Ever.

I'm surprised I have not run out of ammo on a boss fight so far. They give you a ton that I run out of by the end, but still have a few to spare.

Speaking of the boss fights, I thought they were kind of easy. I usually die more to mob rushes or cinematics than bosses. I have died to bosses but only when I did something stupid or missed a slow-mo "SHOOT THAT EXPLOSIVE" thing because where the F%@# is the explosive I don't see it.

Still like it a lot tho.
Tal
Tal
Administrator

Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurono Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:39 pm

If you have played with chris, you know that part when you rescue the hostages, when you get out of the elevator? yeah there was a zombie and had a rocket launcher, he killed me 3 times because i was trying to get to the other sides since there were creates... lol until i saw him on the roof.
I find that 3 consecutive shots to the head often blows up the zombies head, by consecutive i mean i tap the shooting button 3 times in a row.

Honestly i love the melee and i hardly use the any guns unless there is a huge mob, even though most of the time i try to melee the mob first, if it isnt too big lol

have you guys played mercenaries by any chance?
Kurono
Kurono

Back to top Go down

Post by Tal Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:47 pm

I know which part you're talking about with Chris, that's in an early chapter.
I started Chris' with a friend yesterday and we got close to the end of chapter 2.

I have not played Mercs simply because I am bad at all RE Mercs.
I really am. lol
Tal
Tal
Administrator

Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurono Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:39 pm

You should really try mercs i found it to be fun, i feel as it is waves of monsters and as time progresses the zombies get much harder to kill,
if you do find the time crystals they help a lot
Kurono
Kurono

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiki Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:30 pm

Tal wrote:Conserve ammo? By God that is something I attempt every chapter and still fail at.

I cannot hold onto ammo for the life of me. I'll run out for like every gun I own and be forced to melee the shit out of things which is almost always the reason I die. And then I'll find a stockhold and be like "SWEET SWEET AMMO COME TO ME" and then run out in the next room.

I'm not even that bad a shot. Nothing just dies.

Ever.

I'm surprised I have not run out of ammo on a boss fight so far. They give you a ton that I run out of by the end, but still have a few to spare.

Speaking of the boss fights, I thought they were kind of easy. I usually die more to mob rushes or cinematics than bosses. I have died to bosses but only when I did something stupid or missed a slow-mo "SHOOT THAT EXPLOSIVE" thing because where the F%@# is the explosive I don't see it.

Still like it a lot tho.

I suggest to conserve your ammo with my ever useful tactic of "headshot-melee" With a pistol it only takes one shot to the head to do a kill move.
Shiki
Shiki

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurono Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:30 pm

double knife/melee and then finishing melee you will kill the zombie
Especially with Jake he is the best for melee
Kurono
Kurono

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiki Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:43 pm

Ada is my favorite for mercenaries. A few pistol shots to the head and melee. And her crossbow owns fools.
Sherry is also good.
Shiki
Shiki

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurono Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:58 pm

I havent unlocked Ada yet but i will give a her a go once i do
Kurono
Kurono

Back to top Go down