[woa]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Latest Mission: Other M

4 posters

Go down

My Latest Mission: Other M Empty My Latest Mission: Other M

Post by Blood2Bleed Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:13 pm

Spoiler:

Other M was an incredible game. It combined the action found in the others in the Metroid series with emotion that had not been previously seen. I completed my mission at 3:55 AM September 11th, 2010. I was on the verge of tears by the end. The way everything at the beginning that seems completely unrelated all ties together at the end so perfectly. This game was perfect. The story was perfect, the controls were perfect (i had some scepticism at first), the way the emotions came through was perfect. The list goes on. I would definatley recomend this game. I beat the game a second time today. It was that good. F***ING BUY IT!

have a nice day Awesome Face
Blood2Bleed
Blood2Bleed

Back to top Go down

My Latest Mission: Other M Empty Re: My Latest Mission: Other M

Post by cclloyd9785 Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:04 pm

b2b put the spoiler in a [spoiler] tag. Who knew it would come in as handy as its name Awesome Face

lol. I dont wanna read it though D=
cclloyd9785
cclloyd9785

http://cclloyd9785.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Chu Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:22 am

added in the spoiler tags, really you shouldnt be posting spoilers like that for other people ;~;

although i read it anyway
Chu
Chu

Back to top Go down

Post by Ender Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:36 am

Yeah, i have beaten it a coupla times myself, however I did not find it as engaging as Retro's iterations.

The game takes place just after the events of Super Metroid. Never played it? Not a problem; the game has a bit of backstory expressed in cinematics. The story is this: Samus, after being saved by the baby metroid from Mother Brain, feels kinda' sad about how the baby sacrificed itself for her. In a fit of illogical decision making, she decides to check out a distress call ID'd as a Baby's Cry. This, of course, means that the baby is still alive (at least to Samus) and she heads off to the location, which is inconveniently in some lone corner of the galaxy. Once there, she finds The Bottle Ship, which is a derelict. Upon investigation she quickly discovers that the Galactic federation is also hot on the Bottle Ship's mysteries. The unit of the GF is the very same one that she used to be enrolled in back in her army-rebel-teenage days, the commander of which players a father figure to her.

And so they go on crazy adventures together to figure out what happened. Death ensues, monsters are everywhere, and Samus becomes a a badass melee fighter. Yay!

While it did seem to take Metroid back to its roots while retaining a modern flavor, the controls were VERY close to being cumbersome. Luckily there was just the right amount of pacing and gameplay mechanics to make the novel control scheme work. But just barely. It is the kind of game where you are peeved at the schematics when all of a sudden they work beautifully and all doubt is momentarily lost.

Besides the questionable controls, there were some plot elements that would make a hard-core Metroid fan, such as myself, cringe. Nothing game-breaking, though, only Samus breaking. The game played rather linearly for the most part, which is a great innovation for a Metroid game, and the difficulty level felt right for the most part. Another qualm i had was the lack of items, where you had to rely on moments of inaction to recharge your unlimited missiles, but could only really gain health when you were at the point of almost being dead, the recover method being almost entirely useless for these instances as if something was killing you, you wouldn't have the time to stand around and recharge.

All in all, the cinematics were well done and the voice acting, while out of place, added to the experience. If you are looking for a game that details Samus' past (because you never read the written version released like 2 decades ago), this is the game for you. However, I will be doing my annual run of the Prime series as usual.

I give it a 7/10
Ender
Ender

http://www.tetspace.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down