[woa]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The General Pokemon Q&A Thread

+18
WOA oot
TR0LL
Chu
Shiki
Frost
Youkoi
Azazel
Adoamros
DOS Hero
iXi Raptor iXi
BA
Grimblade
Ender
B0MB AKA L33ROYY
Funky Road
Kurono
SoulReaver
Dan The Enigma
22 posters

Page 2 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Go down

The General Pokemon Q&A Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The General Pokemon Q&A Thread

Post by Ender Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:51 am

Actually, quick attack is not an auto-first move tech, it merely boots the users speed stat a lot before attacking, so a fast arceus (lv 100) would still go first...unless that mechanic changed since D/P as I have not tried it in platinum.....

if I'm wrong, then sue me, but I have attacked MANY pokemon first (with non speed type moves) who survived and used quick attack AFTER my initial attack.

but your strat. would work in theory. Assuming Arceus isn't holding a spooky plate.

As for the questions on how to catch a 100+ pokemon and what MN evolves into...

By activating the MISSINGNO glitch and then surfing off the coast of Cinnibar (other areas work, this is just the most convenient), you can catch a variety of pokemon in the /v 250 range. Some people theorize that, like the glitch city glitch, the pokemon depend on where you were before talking to the bald man who loves coffee.

FUN FACT: masterballs occasionally fail to catch these roid'ed pokemon

Missingno's evolutionary sprites

The General Pokemon Q&A Thread - Page 2 Misnoevo

It appears as Rhydon/horn in the dex most of the time

STOP ASKING MISSINGNO QUESTIONS! HERE:
(adapted from Bulbapedia)

Trivia on that pixel guy

Missingno.'s Pokédex data
Missingno. is safe to capture, since the only game data corrupted is Hall of Fame data, which has little bearing on the game. However glitches such as .4 are considered more dangerous due to learning the move Super Glitch as a starting move.

If counted among normal Pokémon, Missingno. has the highest Attack base stat of all in Pokémon Red and Blue and the ninth highest of all Pokémon as of Generation IV.

Likewise, it has the lowest Defense base stat of any Pokémon (surpassing even Shedinja's notorious base 1 HP), and the third lowest Speed base stat, only losing to Shuckle and Munchlax which have a base Speed of 5 each.

At 3,507.2 lbs, Missingno. is much heavier than any regular Pokémon, its weight surpassing even Groudon's. In comparison, 'M's weight is 880.6 lbs, meaning that Missingno. is about four times heavier than 'M. Missingno. is about half the weight of h POKé, the heaviest known Pokémon of any kind.

Missingno.'s height is 10'0". In comparison, 'M is more than twice as tall, at a height of 23'0". This makes Missingno. the 19th tallest Pokémon when compared to non-Glitch Pokémon.
Missingno.'s cry is the game's equivalent of a "blank" cry: a Nidoran♂'s voice with a pitch of 0 and no echo. However, a few Missingno. have different cries.

Before the truth about why Missingno. exists was known, many fans speculated that it was a removed legendary Pokémon (given its extremely low catch rate, one can see the reasoning behind this) This was also because of it's "Bird" typing, Water-type moves, and the fact that it knows the move Sky Attack. It was often speculated that this was a fourth, Water-type Legendary Pokémon.

In its normal form, it shares the exact same movepool as 'M, with two exceptions; it doesn't learn Pound, and it can use TM50 to learn Substitute.

If Missingno.'s Pokédex data is somehow accessed, it will consist of a very long string of glitched sounds. It will reveal that Missingno.'s Pokédex classification is "???", and it has a blank entry. Unlike .4's or h POKé's Pokédex data, however, it will not lock up the game. Also when it's accessed when Missingno is first caught, Missingno will turn into a Rhydon.

A rumor claims that the player must have five or less Pokémon with him or her if he or she actually tries to catch Missingno., otherwise, his or her game may malfunction when he or she tries to withdraw it from Bill's PC. (If, of course, a player has six Pokémon at the time Missingno. is caught, Missingno. will be sent to Bill's PC, just like any other Pokémon.) This rumor will only hold true, however, if the Pokémon in question is level 0. It is, though, impossible to encounter a Missingno. at level 0 using the Viridian City Tutor, so it is possible to extract Missingno. from Bill's PC without game malfunction. The rumor most likely started due to the common nature of level 0 'M in "ASH", which would indeed produce this effect.

Examples of corrupted Hall of Fame entries.
As mentioned before, if the Elite Four is defeated and the Hall of Fame option appears in the PC, seeing Missingno. will cause very distorted characters, glitched names and completely different Pokémon to show up instead of the player's Pokémon who have beaten the Elite Four. The current background music may change as well. The Hall of Fame is the only extremely noticeable change after seeing Missingno.

Though Missingno. cannot usually be traded into Generation II, it will appear to be a G/S/C Pokémon such as Remoraid or Stantler on the trade screen for Gold/Silver/Crystal, depending on its index number. If successfully traded to a Generation II game, it will turn into the Pokémon that the Generation II game called it.

As Missingno. is caught at a level higher than 100, it is possible to increase its level even higher by using Rare Candies. The maximum level it reaches is 255, and if another Rare Candy is used, it will revert to level 0. Once the Pokémon has reached over level 100, stats will stay the same or decrease.

If a Missingno. (or any Pokémon) with a level higher than 100 gains any amount of experience, it will revert permanently to level 100. However, in Yellow, if any Missingno. gains experience at all, it will "grow" to level 1.

For more interesting stuff, checkout all of the GLITCHES

Last edited by Ender on Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Ender
Ender

http://www.tetspace.com

Back to top Go down

The General Pokemon Q&A Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The General Pokemon Q&A Thread

Post by DOS Hero Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:11 am

What about my egg question? You can't answer that?
DOS Hero
DOS Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Ender Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:13 am

i didn't read it.

I could ask one of my contacts at PSYPOKES to answer this as I do not know off the top of my head, but I would use an action replay and make the probability 100%. :awsome:
Ender
Ender

Back to top Go down

Post by DOS Hero Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:05 pm

The probability is 1 in 32 million. And i get all my stuff legit so no AR for me.
DOS Hero
DOS Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurono Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:52 pm

well ender you are wrong my missing no. evolved at lvl 80 to a kangaskhan, then my blue version got corrupted.
Kurono
Kurono

Back to top Go down

Post by Funky Road Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:13 pm

did anyone even read my post to correct yall on how many First Gen' Pokemon there are XD
Funky Road
Funky Road
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by B0MB AKA L33ROYY Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:07 pm

Rocky Road wrote:did anyone even read my post to correct yall on how many First Gen' Pokemon there are XD
Yeah, I'm pretty sure about 4 different people said that too

Gosh, u guys gettin all crazy on me cuz I was approximating, sheesh Razz lol
B0MB AKA L33ROYY
B0MB AKA L33ROYY
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Funky Road Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:14 pm

Lol

Here are some of my own quick facts that might answer som future Questions

HeartGold and Soul Silver is set in the Johto Region
151 Pokemon in 1st Generation
Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, and Venusaur are grass and POISON
Dark/Ghost Type (as in the pokemon is both types) have NO weakness
Ash's first pokemon was Pikachu

Ash lets loose Gliscor to train with another trainer
Croagunk uses Poison Jab when Brock gets flirty with various women
Mew is the only pokemon that can learn ALL HM's and TM's
Except Arceus depends on what plate it is holding ^^

Jessie and James released Weezing and Koffing to protect other pokemon in the Hoenn Region

Elvis is dead XD

The Beatles are cool

Ash's first pokemon caught was Caterpie and his 2nd is Pidgeotto which eventualy evolved into Butterfree and Pidgeot but both release for:
Butterfree - to breed
Pidgeot- To protect other Pidgeotto and Pidgey in the Kanto Region

Hope this helps most questions atleast about the anime of ash's history and othr crap
Funky Road
Funky Road
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan The Enigma Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:36 pm

Wow... u guys chose a bad day to post questions... I probably should've said I'd be outta town doing JROTC stuff.
Dan The Enigma
Dan The Enigma

https://www.youtube.com/user/DanTheEnigma

Back to top Go down

Post by DOS Hero Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:57 pm

actually Rocky...Bulbasaur is just grass. Ivysaur and Venusaur are Poison/Grass
DOS Hero
DOS Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan The Enigma Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:26 pm

Wow... FAIL! Bulbasaur IS part Poison...
Dan The Enigma
Dan The Enigma

https://www.youtube.com/user/DanTheEnigma

Back to top Go down

Post by B0MB AKA L33ROYY Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:56 pm

B0MB AKA L33ROYY
B0MB AKA L33ROYY
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Funky Road Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:59 pm

lol, See, Told you danny boy XD

I can name what type pokemon are right off the bat.

Charizard: Fire/Flying
Spritomb Dark/Ghost
Dialga Dragon/Steel
Groudon Ground
Palkia dragon/water
Magneton Electric/Steel
Torterra Ground/Grass (a good advantage to this is that fire's power is weakened, but ice power is strengthen which is a down part)
Mew Psychic
Houndoom Dark/Fire

etc. XD
Funky Road
Funky Road
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimblade Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:53 pm

My question: Why must we question Pokemon?
Grimblade
Grimblade
Administrator

Administrator

https://woaclan.forumotion.net/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by BA Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:10 am

Dandamaniac848 wrote:To BA: >_< Really?

I'm waiting for my answer. :razz:
BA
BA
A Member
with admin powers
A Member  with admin powers

https://woaclan.forumotion.net/u84

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurono Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:46 am

LMAO, my question is why havent you answered BA's question on pokemon?
Kurono
Kurono

Back to top Go down

Post by Funky Road Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:33 am

best_Alchemist wrote:
Dandamaniac848 wrote:To BA: >_< Really?

I'm waiting for my answer. :razz:

I'll answer it. basically, well. PokemAnZ is just, im guessing, the slang version of PokemOn
but i dont see why u cant say it. Razz sure use it all ya wantz

and grim, we must question pokemon cuz there are pokemon fans here that prolly don't know some things XD

But that's my view, I told dan I'd be his partner so. that's what im doin
Funky Road
Funky Road
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurono Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:24 am

Its not that we do not know, its we want to see if you know what we know,
Kurono
Kurono

Back to top Go down

Post by Ender Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:59 pm

Itachi wrote:well ender you are wrong my missing no. evolved at lvl 80 to a kangaskhan, then my blue version got corrupted.

yeah, that also has been reported apparently (I already discussed above how Missingno is thought to have been the corrupted code from a pre-evo of Kangaskhan, where cubones were thought to be babies that had lost their mothers).
Ender
Ender

Back to top Go down

Post by Azazel Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:01 pm

My question is simple...do you think Gengar is awesome....answer wisely. Neutral
Azazel
Azazel

http://whitecrowxv.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adoamros Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:48 pm

Adoamros wrote:how much wood can a bibarel chuck?

and

if a pokemon is imbreed can it still evolve (possible pickatchew reason for having ADHD)

And

can a pokemon catch west nike, and or hiv?

im still waiting for mine lol
Adoamros
Adoamros
Administrator

Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by DOS Hero Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:31 pm

i think bibarel doesnt have the strength or ability to chuck wood :awsome:
DOS Hero
DOS Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurono Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:04 pm

kozuka wrote:My question is simple...do you think Gengar is awesome....answer wisely. Neutral
hey kozu! was up?
and of course not!!!
Kurono
Kurono

Back to top Go down

Post by Azazel Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:30 pm

hey kozu! was up?
and of course not!!![/quote]

not much~. and i'm very disappointed in your answer >:(
Azazel
Azazel

http://whitecrowxv.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurono Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:45 pm

hey i was just joking i said i was not gonna answer wisely,
He is an awesome pokemon especially, everyone knows that
Kurono
Kurono

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next