[woa]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tips and tricks for mkwii

+2
Grimblade
woa_masaki
6 posters

Go down

tips and tricks for mkwii Empty tips and tricks for mkwii

Post by woa_masaki Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:03 am

Shortcuts

UNLOCKABLES

BIKES
Bubble Bike (small bike) Win Mirror Leaf Cup
Dolphin Dasher (medium bike) Win Mirror Star Cup
Magikruiser (small bike) Play Time Trials on 8 different courses
Phantom (large bike) Win Mirror Special Cup
Quacker (small bike) Win 150cc Star Cup
Shooting Star (large bike) Win 100cc Star Cup
Sneakster (medium bike) Attain at least 1 Star Rank for all 100cc Wii Grand Prix Cups
Spear (large bike) Unlock 12 Expert Staff Ghost Data in Time Trials
Zip Zip (medium bike) Win 100cc Lightning Cup

KARTS
Aero Glider (large kart) Attain at least 1 Star in all 150cc Retro Cups
Blue Falcon (small kart) Win Mirror Lightning Cup
Cheep Charger (small kart) Attain at least 1 Star Rank for all 50cc Retro Grand Prix Cups
Honeycoupe (large kart) Win 150cc Lightning Cup
Piranha Prowler (large kart) Win 50cc Special Cup
Royal Racer (medium kart) Win 150cc Leaf Cup
Sprinter (Medium Kart) Unlocked 24 Expert Staff Ghosts
Tiny Titan (small kart) Beat 50 opponents during Wi-Fi play or unlock one expert staff ghost
Turbo Blooper (medium kart) Win 50cc Leaf Cup

CHARACTERS
Baby Daisy 1 Star in all 50cc Wii-Cups
Baby Luigi Unlock 8 Expert Staff Ghost Data in Time Trials
Birdo Play Time Trials on 16 different courses or win 250 Wi-Fi matches.
Bowser Jr. 1 Star in all 100cc Retro-Cups
Daisy Win 150cc Special Cup
Diddy Kong Complete retro 50cc Cups
Dry Bones Win 100cc Leaf Cup
Dry Bowser 1 Star in all 150cc Wii-Cups
Funky Kong Unlock 4 Expert Staff Ghost Data in Time Trials
King Boo Win 50cc Star Cup
Mii (Outfit A) Win 100cc Special Cup
Mii (Outfit B) Unlock all 32 Expert Staff Ghost Data in Time Trials
Rosalina Have a Super Mario Galaxy savefile and she will be unlocked after 50 races or get 1 star in all 8 Mirror Mode Cups
Toadette Play Time Trials on all 32 different courses or win 1000 Wi-Fi matches.

COURSES
Leaf Cup Win at least 3rd place in Banana Cup and Shell Cup
Lightning Cup Win at least 3rd place in Leaf Cup
Special Cup Win at least 3rd place in Star Cup
Star Cup Win at least 3rd place in Flower Cup and Mushroom Cup

TRICKS

Change Mii Racer weight class
Go into the Mii Channel and change your Mii drivers weight, which will have an in game impact causing you to change weight class and have different cars.

Boost when recovering from a fall
When you fall into something, such as water or falling from rainbow road, when you land, if you hit 2 at the moment you hit the ground, you get a temporary boost.

POW Block Immunity
When you see the POW block on your screen and its about to hit you, just do the function you would normally use for a trick to create a shockwave for youself to become immune to the spin out the POW block creates (Control panel on GCN controller, Shaking Wii wheel, etc.). This can be done on both bikes and carts. Even though you don't loose speed or spin out, you still will loose the items you were carrying.

Quick Start
When the countdown starts wait till the 2 starts to disappear and then press and hold the 2 button. So the 2 must still be visible but disappearing.
This will give you a boost at the start of the race.

Get Item Quickly
If you get press the directional pad while selecting the item it will select the item faster.

please add more tips if you can think of any more****

Last edited by woa_masaki on Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

woa_masaki

Back to top Go down

tips and tricks for mkwii Empty Re: tips and tricks for mkwii

Post by Grimblade Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:32 pm

I'll have to keep these in mind if I decide to start playing MKwii again. :)
Grimblade
Grimblade
Administrator

Administrator

https://woaclan.forumotion.net/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by giDrew Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:37 am

WEELIE
pull the wii weel back quickly when youre riding a bike to do a weelie. it gives you an extra speed boost so do it alot to impprove your times. its best when done on a straight part of a track and watch out, when u gst bumped, it will make u LOSE speed rather than gaining it. all in all tho its VERY helpful so u definetly wanna use a bike over a kart

TRICKS
RIGHT when you're about to leave the end of ANY type of jump, pull the wii weel back quickly to perform a cool trick, AND get an extra speed burst when u land. Doing this as much as possible greatly improves times

CORNER MINI BOOSTS
if you can get the hang of playing on manual, EVERY time you go around a corner you can get an extra speed boost by holding z when ur turning and releasing it when your tires start 2 spark. again, doing this alot will decreaso the amt. of time it takes 2 get around the track

BEST BIKES
1)bullet bike (very fast)
2)mach bike (very fast)
3)magikruiser (fastest off-road and still fast on road)
4)flamerunner (heavy bike, good defense and still fast)

-also, so u kno, each bikes stats will slightly vary with each character. meaning, the same exact bike may be faster or slower depending on what character u pick. or better off road, worse off road, etc... so check out each characters stats on each bike b4 u decide which 1 suits your style best.

-also an important thing 2 keep in mind is drifting. some people like to slide alot when they drift (drifting is the z button boost when u turn a corner that i mentioned b4) its ok 2 use a bike with loose drifting if thats better for u, but if u can master a bike with tight turning like the bullet bike, it will make u faster around corners and youll b able 2 cut in front of other racers

I use all the things i said and also use every 1 that masaki listed ALOT!
combining all these great tips with the other awesome racing tips and track shortcuts that masaki listed is a SURE FIRE way to improve your skills! Do Every type of boost as much as u can and you will surely show all those who dare challenge your might.....WII OWN ALL!

giDrew
Former Leader of WOA
Former Leader of WOA

https://woaclan.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by woa_masaki Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:11 pm

i switched bikes and it helps a lot
the bullet i had to make my mii smaller so i could get into a lighter class but thx for the tip drew

edit:http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/wii/game/942008.html
check this site tons of good tips you might not even have thought to ask

woa_masaki

Back to top Go down

Post by woa_dee Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:58 pm

niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee lol
woa_dee
woa_dee

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiki Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:40 am

giDr€w wrote:WEELIE
pull the wii weel back quickly when youre riding a bike to do a weelie. it gives you an extra speed boost so do it alot to impprove your times. its best when done on a straight part of a track and watch out, when u gst bumped, it will make u LOSE speed rather than gaining it. all in all tho its VERY helpful so u definetly wanna use a bike over a kart

TRICKS
RIGHT when you're about to leave the end of ANY type of jump, pull the wii weel back quickly to perform a cool trick, AND get an extra speed burst when u land. Doing this as much as possible greatly improves times

CORNER MINI BOOSTS
if you can get the hang of playing on manual, EVERY time you go around a corner you can get an extra speed boost by holding z when ur turning and releasing it when your tires start 2 spark. again, doing this alot will decreaso the amt. of time it takes 2 get around the track

BEST BIKES
1)bullet bike (very fast)
2)mach bike (very fast)
3)magikruiser (fastest off-road and still fast on road)
4)flamerunner (heavy bike, good defense and still fast)

-also, so u kno, each bikes stats will slightly vary with each character. meaning, the same exact bike may be faster or slower depending on what character u pick. or better off road, worse off road, etc... so check out each characters stats on each bike b4 u decide which 1 suits your style best.

-also an important thing 2 keep in mind is drifting. some people like to slide alot when they drift (drifting is the z button boost when u turn a corner that i mentioned b4) its ok 2 use a bike with loose drifting if thats better for u, but if u can master a bike with tight turning like the bullet bike, it will make u faster around corners and youll b able 2 cut in front of other racers

I use all the things i said and also use every 1 that masaki listed ALOT!
combining all these great tips with the other awesome racing tips and track shortcuts that masaki listed is a SURE FIRE way to improve your skills! Do Every type of boost as much as u can and you will surely show all those who dare challenge your might.....WII OWN ALL!
i ue triks a little late. the result is that you dont go as high, yet you move faster through the air
Shiki
Shiki

http://clementizzle.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by woa_dee Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:53 pm

itz really ltz short cuts in mkw and really easy to find to
woa_dee
woa_dee

Back to top Go down

Post by GoatNuttz Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:58 pm