[woa]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona 4 Arena

Go down

Persona 4 Arena Empty Persona 4 Arena

Post by REN Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:15 pm

DO NOT READ IF YOU DON'T WANT ANY SPOILERS BEFORE PLAYING PERSONA 4

Persona 4 Arena is a fighting video game for the PS3 developed by Arc System Works and Atlus. It continues the story of Persona 4, the RPG.

I'd like to point out that this game has some interesting features:

- Ability to fight alongside your Persona. You can summon your Persona to attack or distract your opponent. Of course, your Persona has "life" in the shape of cards: you can't summon your Persona when you are out of cards and are forced to wait till they regenerate; the round is not over if this happens, it's over when the character's life bar is depleted, not the Persona's.

- Ability to heal. I'm not talking about that tiny fraction of the life bar (product of taking damage) that recovers over time if you aren't hit by the opponent, I'm talking about actual healing, to the extend where you are able to fully heal your entire life bar. Yukiko is the only one who can heal herself though.

- Instant kill. The characters, just like some other fighting games, are able to execute a "finisher" that instantly ends the match if certain conditions are met. But this is not what I really wanted to talk about, what I wanted to highlight is Naoto's special moves. Naoto is the only one capable of instant killing anyone at anytime with one of her 2 special moves: Hamaon and Mudoon, ignoring "finishers" conditions. The only thing that you have to pay attention is the Fate Counter, you instantly kill the opponent if the Fate Counter is at 0; you can deplete the counter with some of Naoto's attacks. It doesn't matter if the opponent has 90% of his life, if it's the first round or if you don't have a full special bar, if the Fate Counter is at 0 and her instant-kill move connects, the opponent is done for.

Elizabeth is also able to heal herself and instant kill but it her versions are not as effective as Yukiko and Naoto's moves so I didn't mention her, at least that's my opinion.

Soundtrack is awesome, I particularly like:

- Reach Out to the Truth (Yu's theme)
- The Junes Hero (Yosuke's theme)
- Like the Dragon (Chie's theme)
- Princess Amagi (Yukiko's theme)
- Seeker of Truth (Naoto's theme)
- Missions for the Brilliant Executor (Mitsuru's theme)
REN
REN

Back to top Go down