[woa]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wii U less powerful then PS3 and 360

+2
SoulReaver
BOBTHETNOZ
6 posters

Go down

Wii U less powerful then PS3 and 360 Empty Wii U less powerful then PS3 and 360

Post by BOBTHETNOZ Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:24 pm

Nintendo's upcoming Wii U console may generate full HD graphics, but it's not up to the graphics power of the Xbox 360 or the PS3, according to developers familiar with the hardware who spoke on a condition of anonymity to GamesIndustry International.

"No, it's not up to the same level as the PS3 or the 360," said one developer who's been working with the Wii U. What does that mean? "The graphics are just not as powerful," reiterated the source.

This developer is not alone in their opinion. Another developer at a major company confirmed this point of view. "Yeah, that's true. It doesn't produce graphics as well as the PS3 or the 360," said the source. "There aren't as many shaders, it's not as capable. Sure, some things are better, mostly as a result of it being a more modern design. But overall the Wii U just can't quite keep up."

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-04-02-wii-u-less-powerful-than-ps3-xbox-360-developers-say
BOBTHETNOZ
BOBTHETNOZ

Back to top Go down

Wii U less powerful then PS3 and 360 Empty Re: Wii U less powerful then PS3 and 360

Post by SoulReaver Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:50 pm

Both PS3 and 360 aren't as powerful as PC graphics. Nuff said
SoulReaver
SoulReaver

Back to top Go down

Wii U less powerful then PS3 and 360 Empty Re: Wii U less powerful then PS3 and 360

Post by Grimblade Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:18 pm

SoulReaver wrote:Both PS3 and 360 aren't as powerful as PC graphics. Nuff said
I was gonna say that. xD It's true; my homemade computer can generate better graphics than any of the current consoles. (But then again, my graphics card alone costs more than any of them...teehee)
Grimblade
Grimblade
Administrator

Administrator

https://woaclan.forumotion.net/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Tal Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:36 pm

My question is why we are talking down upon these Nintendo consoles in a Nintendo gaming community...
I'm all for liking one more than the other, but we don't have to go around posting this and trying to prove something.
Tal
Tal
Administrator

Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by BOBTHETNOZ Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:49 pm

I dont really believe this article. I would understand if the Wii U's CPU isnt as strong as the PS3's CPU, but with the graphics im not too sure, i heard it being 4 years old in the Wii U, which is still stronger then the PS3 and 360's. But then again i also heard that Nintendo is taking out of the console to make way for the obviously over $100 or $200 tablet controller (which they made a mistake on by making.)
BOBTHETNOZ
BOBTHETNOZ

Back to top Go down

Post by Tal Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:02 pm

I don't know, I'm not too interested in any new system or game coming out soon. nothing really makes me want to buy it.
MHP3 is great and all, but I'm not going to buy a Vita for one game (even though I did that with my 360 and PSP, but those were at better deals. I ended up getting more games for both either way).
Unless Wii U has something that makes me really want to buy it, I'm shying away from spending money for a bit.

$280 train ticket to Georgia needs some stockpiling.
Tal
Tal
Administrator

Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimblade Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:21 pm

Tal wrote:My question is why we are talking down upon these Nintendo consoles in a Nintendo gaming community...
I'm all for liking one more than the other, but we don't have to go around posting this and trying to prove something.
I wasn't downtalking anything, actually. If I cared that much about graphics, I wouldn't have my N64 hooked up at home...most of the games I commonly play have far lower graphics than the current par.

Bob wrote:I dont really believe this article. I would understand if the Wii U's CPU isnt as strong as the PS3's CPU, but with the graphics im not too sure, i heard it being 4 years old in the Wii U, which is still stronger then the PS3 and 360's. But then again i also heard that Nintendo is taking out of the console to make way for the obviously over $100 or $200 tablet controller (which they made a mistake on by making.)
Do the details really matter? All that matters to me is the content, and the price. The former may or may not have output, and the latter will probably be too high for my liking, but either way we can't really say anything about it until it comes out.

Tal wrote:I don't know, I'm not too interested in any new system or game coming out soon. nothing really makes me want to buy it.
MHP3 is great and all, but I'm not going to buy a Vita for one game (even though I did that with my 360 and PSP, but those were at better deals. I ended up getting more games for both either way).
Unless Wii U has something that makes me really want to buy it, I'm shying away from spending money for a bit.
I'm not interested in too much at the moment either...and a Vita doesn't seem worth it at all to me, the things cost almost $300! For a handheld! Blasphemy...(even if they are cool)

Tal wrote:$280 train ticket to Georgia needs some stockpiling.
Teehee x3
Grimblade
Grimblade
Administrator

Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by BOBTHETNOZ Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:00 pm

The problem with the Wii U not being as powerful, is that it might miss a lot of multiplats like the Wii did this gun.
BOBTHETNOZ
BOBTHETNOZ

Back to top Go down

Post by Tal Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:57 pm

Grimblade wrote:
Tal wrote:My question is why we are talking down upon these Nintendo consoles in a Nintendo gaming community...
I wasn't downtalking anything, actually. If I cared that much about graphics, I wouldn't have my N64 hooked up at home...most of the games I commonly play have far lower graphics than the current par.

I meant Bob moreso than you, but alright.
If I still had mine I'd be playing it all day every day.
Tal
Tal
Administrator

Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by BA Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:17 pm

Your point is well taken, but irrelevant when you're talking about console capabilities. Especially since they don't operate under the same rules as the "ever adapting" PCs do.

bob wrote:The problem with the Wii U not being as powerful, is that it might miss a lot of multiplats like the Wii did this gen
Overall, I haven't liked the direction the gaming market in general has taken over the past few years now. Needless to say, Nintendo has always been one to lead innovation in the hardware department, at the cost of its software. At the last E3, Nintendo acknowledged its problem with the lack of 3rd party support and touted the Wii U as a console for everybody. I only hope that Nintendo is still working on its weaknesses.
BA
BA
A Member
with admin powers
A Member  with admin powers

https://woaclan.forumotion.net/u84

Back to top Go down

Post by Tal Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:49 pm

BA wrote:
Your point is well taken, but irrelevant when you're talking about console capabilities. Especially since they don't operate under the same rules as the "ever adapting" PCs do.

I meant to comment on this as well. Computers can be easily changed and edited to be able to work with harder and more complex games mainly because you can edit it. If your computer can't run a game because of specs, you can go out and buy a new graphics card for a lot cheaper than if you wanted a new system.
Tal
Tal
Administrator

Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by BOBTHETNOZ Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:50 pm

Tal wrote:
Grimblade wrote:

I meant Bob moreso than you, but alright.
If I still had mine I'd be playing it all day every day.

Just news, like another topic im about to make about game prices.

That article sounds 40% true and 60% false anyway.
BOBTHETNOZ
BOBTHETNOZ

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimblade Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:12 pm

Tal wrote:
If your computer can't run a game because of specs, you can go out and buy a new graphics card for a lot cheaper than if you wanted a new system.
Debatable. Upper-end games are pretty demanding, and my graphics card alone is pricier than a console.
Grimblade
Grimblade
Administrator

Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by BOBTHETNOZ Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:44 pm

BOBTHETNOZ
BOBTHETNOZ

Back to top Go down

Post by SoulReaver Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:10 pm

Listen, all I have to say is that graphics don't really matter. The gameplay is what matters. That's why the original Legend of Zelda game is still rated number 1
SoulReaver
SoulReaver

Back to top Go down

Post by BOBTHETNOZ Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:58 pm

SoulReaver wrote:Listen, all I have to say is that graphics don't really matter. The gameplay is what matters. That's why the original Legend of Zelda game is still rated number 1

Graphics do matter when it comes to a console LEAP. Graphics dont matter for individual games, but for a console it does. This is why the Wii missed so many multiplats, and is why its not used for any hardcore competitive gaming. (That and motion controls)

Dont worry, that article is fake anyway.
BOBTHETNOZ
BOBTHETNOZ

Back to top Go down

Post by Tal Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:10 pm

SoulReaver wrote:Listen, all I have to say is that graphics don't really matter. The gameplay is what matters. That's why the original Legend of Zelda game is still rated number 1

Graphics don't matter to the individual person. To the company it matters a lot.
If they redid that original Zelda game to look realistic, think about how many people would buy it. The same game everyone loves, but now you feel like it's taking place right in front of you.
Tal
Tal
Administrator

Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by BA Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:27 am

Graphics matter, but it isn't the only thing that matters.
BA
BA
A Member
with admin powers
A Member  with admin powers

https://woaclan.forumotion.net/u84

Back to top Go down

Post by BOBTHETNOZ Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:37 pm

Well it turns out that there was some truth to this. The graphics on the Wii U so far look exactly like current gen games. Although, launch games usually look worse then games later in its life. Then again, if the Wii U hardware is on par with (or slightly better then) this gen, and this is really all it can do, then maybe not.
BOBTHETNOZ
BOBTHETNOZ

Back to top Go down

Post by kentafox Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:38 pm

BOBTHETNOZ wrote:Nintendo's upcoming Wii U console may generate full HD graphics, but it's not up to the graphics power of the Xbox 360 or the PS3.
im sorry but...
Wii U less powerful then PS3 and 360 +_2acc5a8841f8752904d37f90a8014829
Nintendo isnt big on graphics, its about the game.
kentafox
kentafox

Back to top Go down

Post by BOBTHETNOZ Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:14 am

kentafox wrote:Nintendo isnt big on graphics, its about the game.

Because they never made the N64 right? Because the Gamecube wasnt more powerful then the PS2 obviously.

And the Wii U was touted to have 6 times better graphics then current gen.
BOBTHETNOZ
BOBTHETNOZ

Back to top Go down

Post by Tal Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:23 pm

Resident Evil 1 had some of the best water effect I've seen.
And it was one of the best games I've played.
Tal
Tal
Administrator

Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by BOBTHETNOZ Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:53 pm

http://wiiudaily.com/2012/06/wii-u-games-run-in-720p/

"Pikmin 3 on Wii U will have local multiplayer but not online multiplayer, creator Shigeru Miyamoto has confirmed."

"You have to be very careful that you don't drop frames as you're trying to sync up with other players over what could be a very great physical distance, over the internet," Miyamoto explained to IGN."

If they would have to drop frames for a Wii game that was moved over to the Wii U to be online, then.... you already might know what im talking about.

Then uh, http://blogs-images.forbes.com/erikkain/files/2012/06/BatmanVergleichBig.jpg look at Batmans face on both versions.

Not trying to bring it down, but so far that old rumor is holding some truth
BOBTHETNOZ
BOBTHETNOZ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum