[woa]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FPS!?

5 posters

Go down

FPS!? Empty FPS!?

Post by Frost Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:36 pm

While Call of Duty and Battlefield may be up the ass of the mainstream, there were and very much are other first person shooters that are overlooked.

Do you have a favorite one? or Do you have favorites? COD and BF arent excluded  so shoot! lol

In fact while your we're at it, how about this:

What is your favorite offline fps?
What is your favorite online fps?

(The offline fps's dont have to be games without online capability)

My favorite offline fps would definitely have to be Red Steel.
I really loved that game, it was the first game i got for my wii (brawl came 2nd what a shocker) and i enjoyed every minute of it. Pretty stable motion controls that led you from running around with single and dual wield weaponry to sword combat. It was definitely the right game for a good first impression with the wii. And to those who havent tried it yet i recommend it highly. There was a sequal to it but i never got to try it although i heard it was pretty good to. Both games can probably be found very cheap.

My favorite online fps is an OLDIE from 2002! Tribes: Aerial Assault.
I played the hell out of tribes 2 on pc which was my first pc gaming experience and when they ported it over to the ps2 i had to have it! I played it online all the time on the ps2 after switching over from the pc's online mode and holy shit it was a huge thing for me. I was one of many claiming that halo was just a rip off of tribes and i still think that to this day. Eventually i wound up losing my game in a move and was never able to find the game again. In the FAR future i would later go on to purchase my first halo game: halo reach-  based solely on the fact that the gameplay looked exactly and turned out to play exactly like tribes. So despite eventually buying the 1 and only halo game i'd ever own, i still think halo is a shitty copy of tribes! TRIBES FOREVER <3
Frost
Frost
Administrator

Administrator

Back to top Go down

FPS!? Empty Re: FPS!?

Post by Grimblade Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:49 pm

Ooh, FPS. I have kind of odd taste since I don't like CoD, Halo, etc, buuut:

My favorite offline shooter would have to be the recent Tomb Raider reboot. It's third-person, but that game was beautiful and brilliant and damn do I love it. Watch Dogs is another I love, but also third-person. The Far Cry games and the Fallout games are probably my favorite 'actual' first-person shooters.

As for online shooter, Borderlands 2. Hell yeah.
Grimblade
Grimblade
Administrator

Administrator

https://woaclan.forumotion.net/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiki Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:50 pm

Borderlands for both on and offline because hotdamn. Goldeneye back in the day was beautiful, my older brother still gets pissy when we talk about how good with throwing knives i was in that game. A lot of the bond games were really good, up to and including nightfire.

Online: BL2
Offline: Goldeneye/Nightfire
Shiki
Shiki

http://clementizzle.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BOBTHETNOZ Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:39 am

blood 2 baby, havent play in a while you know what im sayin?

killzone 2 for online, because of the pure chaos, you need to know how to use a specific gun pretty well to win a gun fight, if you suck youre gonna get rekt, guns are all balanced (both main guns are pretty similar, shotguns are harder to aim, rocket launchers have a huge after swag and need to be close to someone to kill them, snipers also have a dank swag sway baby), class and unlock system are based on skill using that class, everyone focuses on the objective, it isnt a very popular game so the community arnt flithy casuals
BOBTHETNOZ
BOBTHETNOZ

Back to top Go down

Post by kentafox Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:14 am

Team fortress 2 all the way, the spy is the best class <3 It can do these smexy moves :)
kentafox
kentafox

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum