Dead Space 2 - 2nd Disc Problems

Go down

Dead Space 2 - 2nd Disc Problems

Post by Panther on Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:16 pm

Hello you all! I've been taking some time to try some different genres of games outside FPS, and one of those games happens to be Dead Space 2. Going to be honest, fighting disgusting space zombies is a nice change from shooting people. Anyhow, I've been playing the game, things are going well, and then it tells me to insert disc 2. No problem, right? So I open the disc tray and put in disc 2, close the tray, and wait. And wait. And wait some more. But for some odd reason, it doesn't seem to register that I've entered disc 2. In fact, the Xbox console itself has given me a message to insert disc 2 right after I inserted it. So I try again, but to no prevail.
If any of you happen to be skilled with an Xbox (or, even better, this game), might you have any suggestions?
Panther

Back to top Go down

Re: Dead Space 2 - 2nd Disc Problems

Post by BA on Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:15 pm

Is the game disk scratched or otherwise unreadable?
BA
A Member
with admin powers
A Member  with admin powers

http://woaclan.forumotion.net/u84

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther on Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:26 pm

There are no scratches that are visible to my eye, and there dosen't appear to be anything wrong physically. Also, I've discovered that this is an issue others have had before, but I haven't found anyone who has said specifically what the problem was and how one can fix it. I did find a mod that might fix it, but I know nothing about modding.
Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurono on Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:42 am

try the game disc in someone else's xbox, if the same thing happens then it is either the disc or the console itself that can not read that particular disc. Does it give you an error code?
Kurono

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther on Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:51 pm

No, it doesn't. And it does the exact same thing on my friend's xbox, so I think it could be the disc...or, by some odd chance, it could be due to the processing the game is doing when I reach the point. saw that mentioned elsewhere, and it seems legitimate.
Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurono on Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:43 pm

Well i did some research and found this
"hey dude i was having the same problem too but i found out what you have to do, dont go to your dashboard to take out the disc, press the eject button on your console take out the disc and insert the second one, the game will stay on when you open your tray, simply insert the second one and the "continue on disc 2" message will go away and your game will resume"

i hope it solves your problem!
Kurono

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther on Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:47 pm

Oh yeah, I saw this same forum post as well. See, that's the method to changing out any game, really, and it works for my other games, such as Star Ocean or Final Fantasy, but it doesn't seem to register when I do it.
Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurono on Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:15 am

TP do you have multiple saves of the game?
The only way i see to get by this is to make a new file
Kurono

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum