Help with the tablet

Go down

Help with the tablet

Post by REN on Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:26 am

I think I want a tablet to draw stuff. Not sure which one is good or better and so on. So I thought someone would help me decide. I want to know which one would suit me, I draw mainly for practice. So which one would be good for me? I heard the Wacom Bamboo tablets are good but there are many of them! So if anyone knows something (especially from experience) please be sure to share before I go to a store and decide to buy one without getting a response.

Last edited by REN on Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
REN

Back to top Go down

Re: Help with the tablet

Post by BA on Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:08 am

I initially went with a WACOM CTE450K Black "Bamboo Fun Tablet" for my first tablet purchase. I'd recommend it for any amateur as it is relatively cheap and easy to use but doesn't compromise on necessary features.

I'm certain these are still sold in stores, but I haven't shopped around for one in some time. Anyway, good luck and happy hunting!
BA
A Member
with admin powers
A Member  with admin powers

http://woaclan.forumotion.net/u84

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimblade on Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:29 am

I use a Wacom Bamboo Pen + Touch, and lovez it. I've had it for a while and it works perfectly. Wacom is good to go with because they're both great, and inexpensive.

The model I have is outdated, but this is the new-gen equivalent:
http://www.wacom.com/en/Products/Bamboo/BambooTablets/BambooCapture.aspx
Grimblade
Administrator

Administrator

http://woaclan.forumotion.net/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by REN on Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:14 pm

Those are nice suggestions. I went to Wacom's site and I found the Bamboo Capture and it sounds like a good option.
The WACOM CTE450K Black "Bamboo Fun Tablet" looks a little small but since I'm an amateur I suppose that fits me as well.
Thanks for the help guys!
REN

Back to top Go down

Post by Tal on Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:40 pm

I use the same one BA recommended. I love it. The only problem I have with it is that the fancy blue light that used to light up no longer lights up :<
Also, I'd keep pen replacements in mind. It's not something that you need to worry about, but just in case you have problems with your pen, you don't have to go searching for a new one and be without it for a while.
Tal
Administrator

Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ender on Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:28 pm

My school has the best tablets I have ever used. AND I CAN'T REMEMBER WHAT THEY ARE.
Ender

http://www.tetspace.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Chu on Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:54 am

Ender wrote:My school has the best tablets I have ever used. AND I CAN'T REMEMBER WHAT THEY ARE.

remember harder ;-;
Chu

Back to top Go down

Post by REN on Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:56 pm

Hey guys, I just got the Bamboo Capture (Pen & Touch), can you believe that they only had Bamboo Connect and Bamboo Capture on sale? XD

Thanks for your time and opinions guys, it was helpful ^_^

And now I got a few questions concerning the tablet because I don't know jack about it (if someone is so kind as to answer):

1.- Do I need to cover it with something so that the screen does not get scratched/get any damage?
2.- How and when do I need to change the pen nibs? I just saw a tutorial :cheers:
3.- Any other thing I should know?

I am kind of scared to use it and screw it so if anyone can help me with this I would really appreciate it (guess I will wait before I use it). I can even draw something for you if you like as compensation ^_^ that is if my drawings doesn't cause nausea
REN

Back to top Go down

Post by Tal on Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:57 am

No, nothing really needs to go on the actual tablet. Just so long as the only thing touching it is the mouse or pen, it should be completely fine.

For the pen tips, I've never really needed to change mine.
No, wait, I take that back.
I had to change it ONCE and that is how I ended up breaking my pen.
DO NOT DISASSEMBLE PEN TO REPLACE TIPS.
You can pull the tip right out of the pen, though it does show resistance. Just don't be scared to pull it out.
Also, it needs to be changed whenever the pen might be giving you issues. For example, mine had been drawing lines whenever I had the pen at the tablet. I wouldn't even be touching the tablet and it would still be drawing as if I was dragging the pen.

Anything else, you say?

Yeah. DON'T DISASSEMBLE THE PEN TO REPLACE THE TIP.
Take that from personal experience.
Tal
Administrator

Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by REN on Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:16 pm

Yay, thanks Tal! I read that the metal ring that comes with it is what I have to use to take out the pen nibs.
REN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down