Problem with Wii remote OR censor bar..[Help please!]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Problem with Wii remote OR censor bar..[Help please!]

Post by MajinKitty230 on Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:20 pm

Before you guys say anything, I know your not the nintedo tech group but its just a try and see what others can tell me to help.

The other day I was playing the Legend Of Zelda skyward sword for the wii, and I decided to take a break after sweating and getting tired from trying to beat this boss, so I shut off my wii and such and rested for a while; well lets say an hour later I turned it on and my wii remote didn't work, like the last three lights glow for a moment when I press a button and then they go away and no cursor comes on my screen. This is what i've tried

1. I tried re syncing the wii remote [Didn't work]
2. I tried changing the batteries even if the original were still fully charged [Didn't work]
3. Tried unplugging my censor bar when the wii was off and on [Didn't work]
4. Tried unplugging my wii and after 15 minutes I plugged it back in [Didn't work]
5. Finally I tried just pressing the sync button on the wii only [Didn't work]

So i'm not sure if its my wii remote or the censor bar, I mean I can buy a new one but I don't want to buy both or one of the things and it turns out not to be the problem; and i'm not sure if my warranty's still good, but whats nintendo gonna do about just that? Deleting things won't help i'm sure and calling the tech support they'll just say to sync it and unplug it and stuff and I did that. Any other options or help? PLEASE?
MajinKitty230

Back to top Go down

Re: Problem with Wii remote OR censor bar..[Help please!]

Post by Tal on Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:23 pm

Try the sync again, and this time hold both buttons until it resyncs. I've had to help my brother with this several times because he doesn't even know what the sync does. It usually takes a while but it should work. If after five minutes it doesn't, restart the system and try once more. If not then I've got nothing else. :<
Tal
Administrator

Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by MajinKitty230 on Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:15 pm

alright thanks :D I ordered a censor bar because I think it might be it, or its my controller but its odd that my cousins suddenly works. by the way, for the sync. Do you hold both at the same time, or press the sync on the controller once and then let go and tap the sync on the wii till one light comes on?
MajinKitty230

Back to top Go down

Post by Tal on Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:47 pm

I usually hold them both and if nothing happens after a minute or so I press them occasionally. Both should be held/pressed at the same time.
Tal
Administrator

Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by REN on Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:26 pm

You can also go to the home menu, and try to "Temporary sync" (I don't remember the exact name, it's where you have to press 1 & 2 at the same time till you hear the sound and feel the Wiimote shake). If that works then it should be a problem with the censor bar since the wiimote responds to the sync.

If no cursor appears on the screen while your wiimote is functioning correctly then it should be the censor bar.

Hope this helps.
REN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top