How Things Stand

Go down

How Things Stand

Post by Grimblade on Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:30 pm

I'm really sorry about how I've been acting lately. I know I've been pretty irritable and have lashed out many times recently, but the truth of the matter is that I haven't been quite myself lately, for reasons that I don't wish to go into. (No, it's not anything pertaining to my girlfriend.)

You guys are all my friends, and I care for all of you. I really do. I've always gotten many smiles and had many laughs throughout my time here...

...but I realize that lately I may have hurt people with my words, and even tarnished my own image. The last thing I want to do is have people start disliking me just because of the fact that I'm troubled. I get annoyed, lash out, and then feel so bad about it after; on top of the fact that I've hurt others. And that isn't how I want things to be. I've tried to keep myself in line lately, but it just isn't working, and so I'm going to leave for a while. Days, weeks, months; I don't know. But I feel that I should, and I'll come back when I feel that the time is right.

I hope that you all can understand, and won't think any differently of me. It hit me that I've started to become something on here that I don't want to be, and I just want things to be normal again.

~Grim
avatar
Grimblade
Administrator

Administrator

Post Count : 6275
Joined : 2009-01-16


http://woaclan.forumotion.net/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Re: How Things Stand

Post by BA on Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:22 pm

If you need to focus on personal matters in your life, then by all means take a break.

However, if you're leaving because you think you need a personality change, then I strongly suggest you stay, mainly because I don't want you to go, and also because leaving isn't going to help with anything.

I don't think you need to change at all.
avatar
BA
A Member
with admin powers
A Member  with admin powers

Post Count : 4669
Joined : 2009-03-08


http://woaclan.forumotion.net/u84

Back to top Go down

Re: How Things Stand

Post by Grimblade on Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:48 pm

BA wrote:However, if you're leaving because you think you need a personality change, then I strongly suggest you stay, mainly because I don't want you to go, and also because leaving isn't going to help with anything.

I don't think you need to change at all.
I really appreciate your kind words, but I can't say that I'm content with my state of being right now. :/

Earlier I went into a bit of a rage, and afterwards someone--a friend here who I've always cared about--told me that I wasn't the same as I used to be, and that they could never again see me with the same eyes that they did before; this being after apologizing for my behavior. I can't help but feel that I've degenerated, especially after hearing that. It really hit me hard and made me realize that I do need to change for the better. I've gone from a fun and happy person to one that can turn in the blink of an eye and become the exact opposite. I've already done myself and others numerous injustices, and forever tainted myself in the eyes of a friend, if not already and unknowingly in those of others. That I can't simply let slip by.
avatar
Grimblade
Administrator

Administrator

Post Count : 6275
Joined : 2009-01-16


http://woaclan.forumotion.net/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Re: How Things Stand

Post by Tal on Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:05 am

Grimblade wrote:Earlier I went into a bit of a rage, and afterwards someone--a friend here who I've always cared about--told me that I wasn't the same as I used to be, and that they could never again see me with the same eyes that they did before; this being after apologizing for my behavior. I can't help but feel that I've degenerated, especially after hearing that. It really hit me hard and made me realize that I do need to change for the better. I've gone from a fun and happy person to one that can turn in the blink of an eye and become the exact opposite. I've already done myself and others numerous injustices, and forever tainted myself in the eyes of a friend, if not already and unknowingly in those of others. That I can't simply let slip by.
You claim you've changed. Everybody changes. Attitudes changes. Personalities. Most things about people change with time.

I don't think you've changed negatively. It might be what's around you that's changing negatively and causing a negative reaction on you.

I've had my bouts with people here. They've gotten over it. We all have. A few have been pretty bad. Shit happens. Doesn't mean we want you to leave for better or for worse.

I've said everything I need to say with you elsewhere, so there's not much else for me to say.
But I want you to know a WOA without grim is like lemonade with lemons. Everybody loves lemonade and lemons. Give that some thought.

Once more.
I'm sorry.
avatar
Tal
Administrator

Administrator

Post Count : 1861
Joined : 2009-01-19


Back to top Go down

Re: How Things Stand

Post by Shadowlight on Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:09 am

Grimblade wrote:
BA wrote:However, if you're leaving because you think you need a personality change, then I strongly suggest you stay, mainly because I don't want you to go, and also because leaving isn't going to help with anything.

I don't think you need to change at all.
I really appreciate your kind words, but I can't say that I'm content with my state of being right now. :/

Earlier I went into a bit of a rage, and afterwards someone--a friend here who I've always cared about--told me that I wasn't the same as I used to be, and that they could never again see me with the same eyes that they did before; this being after apologizing for my behavior. I can't help but feel that I've degenerated, especially after hearing that. It really hit me hard and made me realize that I do need to change for the better. I've gone from a fun and happy person to one that can turn in the blink of an eye and become the exact opposite. I've already done myself and others numerous injustices, and forever tainted myself in the eyes of a friend, if not already and unknowingly in those of others. That I can't simply let slip by.

I've been through a similar Situation, you don't have to change your ways just fix the problems at hand, those problems can cause things you normally would never do to occur, yes I've been through this... Ain't Fun but you got to work your way through it, it may be hard but as long as you got your buddys here you got nothing to worry about -thumbsuphere- friends can understand why your life is rough... Don't put yourself down over it, otherwise it'll effect you a lot more then it already has and i don't want to see another person go through what i once went through...
avatar
Shadowlight
Member
Member

Post Count : 262
Joined : 2009-04-02


Back to top Go down

Re: How Things Stand

Post by BA on Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:09 am

Talent told me what happened earlier.

Maybe you said other things that you have come to regret, but the thing is is that everybody makes mistakes. The fact that you've already acknowledged those mistakes, I mean , lesser people rarely see problems with their own actions, is proof enough for me that you're really a good person deep down.

Nobody wants you to go.
avatar
BA
A Member
with admin powers
A Member  with admin powers

Post Count : 4669
Joined : 2009-03-08


http://woaclan.forumotion.net/u84

Back to top Go down

Re: How Things Stand

Post by Shadowlight on Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:11 am

BA wrote:Talent told me what happened earlier.

Maybe you said other things that you have come to regret, but the thing is is that everybody makes mistakes. The fact that you've already acknowledged those mistakes, I mean , lesser people rarely see problems with their own actions, is proof enough to me that you're really a good person deep down.

Nobody wants you to go.

I Agree BA
avatar
Shadowlight
Member
Member

Post Count : 262
Joined : 2009-04-02


Back to top Go down

Re: How Things Stand

Post by Grimblade on Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:34 pm

Hey, I thank all of you for what you've said. And just to let you all know, I did some talking with Tal over Skype last night, and I feel a lot better now. I'm still going to take a bit of time off, but not as substantial of a duration; just long enough so that I can simmer down a bit. (Figuratively speaking, of course. I'm not boiling. Razz)

But yeah...after thinking and sorting out my mind, it came down to the fact that I felt like my relationships with other members were treading on thin ice, due to the fact that someone who I've known for so long could so easily have my image forever ruined to them based on one insubstantial spout of rage. One of the things that I hold dear to myself, online and off, is my image and reputation of being someone that's kind, generous, and helpful, which made the remark strike even further. On top of that, I felt extremely guilty about everything that I had said, along with guilt of past misdoings that were brought up in the argument that had started this whole thing. (My conscience has VERY high standards)

So if possible, I ask nothing more than forgiveness for all of this, and to leave my misdoings in the past, where they belong, and turn over a new leaf. I've realized that I don't want to change. I am who I am, and people like me regardless, though I do want to redeem myself by maintaining better control and upholding the qualities that I value the most.

Lastly, I really couldn't ask for better friends. :3 It makes me happy that you guys are there for me when I need it most. I look forward to talking with you guys again soon.

~Grim
avatar
Grimblade
Administrator

Administrator

Post Count : 6275
Joined : 2009-01-16


http://woaclan.forumotion.net/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Re: How Things Stand

Post by BA on Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:40 pm

I'm relieved to hear that Grim. :)
avatar
BA
A Member
with admin powers
A Member  with admin powers

Post Count : 4669
Joined : 2009-03-08


http://woaclan.forumotion.net/u84

Back to top Go down

Re: How Things Stand

Post by Funky Road on Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:06 pm

It's okay Grim, I myself am taking sort of a break (not as much as posting in the forums) to live my life a bit here.. I just recently got a new girlfriend, and school started back last week, so I'm gonna be gone a while..

But otherwise, we understand completely bro. I love you like a bro, leave this clan (not now lol, when I feel my time has come to part from WOA) loving you any everyone else, and will die loving you like a bro....... No matter what Grim, you're a good friend and nothing's gonna change that! Don't worry man, we're here for you every step of the way :)
avatar
Funky Road
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post Count : 3286
Joined : 2009-02-28


Back to top Go down

Re: How Things Stand

Post by Ender on Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:02 pm

Funky Road wrote:It's okay Grim, I myself am taking sort of a break (not as much as posting in the forums) to live my life a bit here.. I just recently got a new girlfriend, and school started back last week, so I'm gonna be gone a while..

But otherwise, we understand completely bro. I love you like a bro, leave this clan (not now lol, when I feel my time has come to part from WOA) loving you any everyone else, and will die loving you like a bro....... No matter what Grim, you're a good friend and nothing's gonna change that! Don't worry man, we're here for you every step of the way :)

Speak for yourself. I hate that guy now.

He also smells like onions. And not the good kind, like me.
A lot of you, I notice, have a bad odor.






Klonoa Wink

I jest, of course.



...ALL of you have a bad odor.

Frankly, for some reason unknown to me, Grim has always been my...3rd favorite member of Woa.

it goes like this:

0.Shiki
1.BA
2.Frost
3.Grim
5.Talent
6.Pika
7.Other
avatar
Ender
Member 
Member 

Post Count : 881
Joined : 2009-01-17


http://www.tetspace.com

Back to top Go down

Re: How Things Stand

Post by Tal on Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:25 pm

Only because you skipped 4 shall I consider myself fourth.

Also this is the first time I've ever managed to fix something. Every other time I've tried it's ended up in a worse mess. I have hope!
I will accept money and other valuable rewards.
avatar
Tal
Administrator

Administrator

Post Count : 1861
Joined : 2009-01-19


Back to top Go down

Re: How Things Stand

Post by Ender on Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:53 pm

skipping 4 is an inside joke that goes all the way back to SFL.
avatar
Ender
Member 
Member 

Post Count : 881
Joined : 2009-01-17


http://www.tetspace.com

Back to top Go down

Re: How Things Stand

Post by Shiki on Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:05 pm

because nobody likes the number 4, deal with it
avatar
Shiki
Member
Member

Post Count : 2216
Joined : 2009-01-17


http://clementizzle.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: How Things Stand

Post by Tal on Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:03 pm

Shiki sort of half-explained it to me. So alright.
I think.

Kind of.
avatar
Tal
Administrator

Administrator

Post Count : 1861
Joined : 2009-01-19


Back to top Go down

Re: How Things Stand

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum