The Vicious Circle

Go down

The Vicious Circle

Post by Kurono on Fri May 13, 2011 11:49 am

Will it ever end?
it is clear that we are now stuck in perpetual war. this never ending war on terrorism will never end. the USA is caught in a vicious circle. An example of a vicious circle is i know what i like so then i don't know what i like. how can this be applied to this situation? well the US kills a terrorist. the terrorist retaliate by killing someone else. so the US retaliate and kill more terrorist. then the terrorist kill some more people. Do you see to the point that i am trying to state? we are in a perpetual war against terrorism. some say this war will be over once all the terrorist are dead, but how do you know or tell who is a terrorist or not??

well tell me what you guys think, i just want to let you know what is going on in the world

Last edited by Itachi on Sat May 14, 2011 1:00 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : lol i didnt type what i was thinking >.<)
Kurono

Back to top Go down

Re: The Vicious Circle

Post by BA on Fri May 13, 2011 6:25 pm

This wasn't started because of a war. Whether or not we take action, there will always be somebody who will not be satisfied for whatever reason, and there will always be somebody who will abuse power. However, there are many reasons why the United States is singled out more often than others. Two easily distinguishable reasons is that for one, being a world power certainly makes them a mark, and two, being active in affairs around the world makes the U.S. more liable. Considering these reasons, terrorism isn't as much as a vicious cycle as it is something that is unavoidable; this conflict would be one sided otherwise, but we chose make it a cycle by taking action.

Though action, the United States calls it a war on terror, but everybody is a terrorist depending on which side you are on because everybody has different ideas, it's just a matter of perspective. The phrase a "war on terror" is redundant, war is terror. In the end, terrorism won't end, but this conflict with Islamic extremists eventually will, depending on what the world does from here on out.
BA
A Member
with admin powers
A Member  with admin powers

http://woaclan.forumotion.net/u84

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGameGuy on Fri May 13, 2011 8:59 pm

Wow I was considering doing a long post but I see no need to now as BA seems to have similar views to me and most likely organized them better than I would have. All I have to add is that I wish we would not take action in countries that did not ask for our help. I believe we have no right to go into a country without the its citizens' consent.
TheGameGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurono on Sat May 14, 2011 1:02 am

BA wrote:Though action, the United States calls it a war on terror, but everybody is a terrorist depending on which side you are on because everybody has different ideas, it's just a matter of perspective. The phrase a "war on terror" is redundant, war is terror. In the end, terrorism won't end, but this conflict with Islamic extremists eventually will, depending on what the world does from here on out.
BAM right there you said it yourself.
so the vicious cycle continues.
Kurono

Back to top Go down

Post by BA on Sat May 14, 2011 7:58 am

Itachi wrote:BAM right there you said it yourself.
What I pointed out above is that the phrase "war on terror" is an oxymoron, but I didn't necessarily agree to your proposition that engaging in warfare was the cause of terrorism. The United States killed an influential leader, so this has been the one case where they have claimed revenge, but for the most part, terrorism hasn't been about revenge as much as it has been about furthering political goals. The main point I was trying to get across is that terrorism is a multifaceted phenomenon that isn't limited to just revenge killings.

Last edited by BA on Sat May 14, 2011 8:27 am; edited 1 time in total
BA
A Member
with admin powers

Back to top Go down

Post by MajinKitty230 on Sat May 14, 2011 8:27 am

Itachi wrote:Will it ever end?

One word. Armageddon.
MajinKitty230

Back to top Go down

Post by Sub on Sat May 14, 2011 3:34 pm

George Washington was smart. We didn't listen to him when he told us to stay out of foreign affairs. Therefore we screwed ourselves over. That is all.
Sub
WOA Ally
WOA Ally

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurono on Sun May 15, 2011 12:51 am

BA wrote:
Itachi wrote:BAM right there you said it yourself.
What I pointed out above is that the phrase "war on terror" is an oxymoron, but I didn't necessarily agree to your proposition that engaging in warfare was the cause of terrorism. The United States killed an influential leader, so this has been the one case where they have claimed revenge, but for the most part, terrorism hasn't been about revenge as much as it has been about furthering political goals. The main point I was trying to get across is that terrorism is a multifaceted phenomenon that isn't limited to just revenge killings.
BA what you think my stand is this is wrong, all i said it we are stuck on a perpetual war not that warfare was the cause of terrorism.
All im saying is that some say this war will be over once all the terrorist are dead, but how do you know or tell who is a terrorist or not??
and from what you said most political figures and people consider the extremist as terrorist from all the propaganda they are bombardment from the media

@Sub
i have different views to this.
Either stay out of foreign affairs and let injustices happen.
But then again what is an injustice?
Prevent Injustices but who are we to say what an injustice is?

But what i see is that everytime that the USA participates in a war it is because it will benefit financially.
Kurono

Back to top Go down

Post by BA on Sun May 15, 2011 4:39 am

Itachi wrote:BA what you think my stand is this is wrong, all i said it we are stuck on a perpetual war not that warfare was the cause of terrorism.
In this case though, you're inferring that the terrorist attack in Pakistan was because we killed Osama bin laden, and then you further that by saying that they kill because we kill and thus a vicious cycle is created. So I took it as such and mentioned that I didn't agree with warfare being the cause of terrorism, but what I'm emphasizing here in this topic is that the causes of terrorism doesn't actually involve warfare, and that I don't believe it is a vicious cycle in the sense you're using it as.

Itachi wrote:But then again what is an injustice?
Prevent Injustices but who are we to say what an injustice is?
In this case it's majority rules, most believe that murder is wrong. It's how we deal with murderers and the methods of prevention that's causing debate.
BA
A Member
with admin powers

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurono on Sun May 15, 2011 5:46 pm

yes definitely, we kill because they kill. they kill because we kill. why we just kill them and they kill us because its fun?
That is how a war goes and starts BA.

Yes i agree with the method of prevention is what has me undecided

Kurono

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum