[woa]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GRAMMAR

+6
Tal
Kurono
Youkoi
Chu
BA
Grimblade
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

GRAMMAR - Page 2 Empty Re: GRAMMAR

Post by Funky Road Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:46 pm

But wouldn't you think if people are going to come over to our country, they should learn OUR language, not us having to learn theirs unless we go to their country?
Funky Road
Funky Road
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimblade Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:54 pm

Fender-Gibson wrote:But wouldn't you think if people are going to come over to our country, they should learn OUR language, not us having to learn theirs unless we go to their country?
Silly Funky, no one speaks Latin. Period. It's a language that originated in Ancient Rome, and has long since stopped being used. MANY languages are stemmed from it though. It's like the Mother of Language.

I'm actually enrolled in Latin courses at the moment, and it's really interesting. Plus there's so many derivatives from it, it's not even funny. Just from the Latin roots, I can infer meanings of English words that I don't know anything about.
Grimblade
Grimblade
Administrator

Administrator

https://woaclan.forumotion.net/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Funky Road Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:25 pm

Lol that was sort of not really part of what I was saying or meant but okay..

I don't really want to take a language mainly because the only choice our school has anymore is Spanish.. boring, cliche, nothing I'm THAT interested in, tbh. Before I started High School, there was a French Program, but they took it out when I got to High School... so now I don't want to, basically because I'm more interested in French than Spanish... Would be better if other languages were put in though to give those who don't really care about Spanish something different and more less "over-used", imo.

But that's just me lol
Funky Road
Funky Road
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimblade Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:39 pm

Fender-Gibson wrote:Lol that was sort of not really part of what I was saying or meant but okay..

I don't really want to take a language mainly because the only choice our school has anymore is Spanish.. boring, cliche, nothing I'm THAT interested in, tbh. Before I started High School, there was a French Program, but they took it out when I got to High School... so now I don't want to, basically because I'm more interested in French than Spanish... Would be better if other languages were put in though to give those who don't really care about Spanish something different and more less "over-used", imo.

But that's just me lol
My school has Chinese, Spanish, French, Latin, and German. o_o

We kinda need at least 2 of the same foreign language to graduate though. I'll be graduating with 2 credits in Spanish, and 2 in Latin.
Grimblade
Grimblade
Administrator

Administrator

https://woaclan.forumotion.net/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurono Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:22 am

Grime sabes español?
aber nicht Deutsch?!?
Je parle français, un peu.
私葉日本語を話します。
i speak well English. Don't you agree?
Kurono
Kurono

Back to top Go down

Post by Tal Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:47 pm

I speak English well, don't you agree?*
Just throwing that out there.
I almost couldn't take Spanish because in eighth grade they said they didn't think I was smart enough to take it so I was like "Yeah? Throw me in. I'm taking it. We'll see."
I've been at the top of my class along with another girl since Freshman year. She's a native speaker. I'm French Canadian Awesome Face

Last edited by Tal on Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tal
Tal
Administrator

Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurono Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:29 am

why did you miss spell don't tal? lol
that is fantastic. fantasitico
Kurono
Kurono

Back to top Go down

Post by Sub Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:03 am

Grimblade wrote:
BA wrote:"Professional" is the last thing I think of when I think of online gaming communities and other sites of such silliness.

It's a relaxed informal environment, we're no strangers to love. lol

Seriously though, I think if we concentrated on each others imperfections, it would make things a bit more stressful for everybody else. Wouldn't you agree?
And you edited this post 3 times. lulz.

But still, even on the internet, if you're going to write a fanfic or a short story, SHOULDN'T IT BE CORRECT? Chatboxes I somewhat understand, but if you're going to write something for others to read for their entertainment...it's just wrong to have so many errors, when it can easily be corrected. D:
Also some of said fanfics shouldn't have good grammar, so we can laugh at them and make fun of them to our hearts' delight! *coughmyimmortalcough*
Sub
Sub
WOA Ally
WOA Ally

Back to top Go down

Post by Chu Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:16 am

Tal wrote:She's a native speaker. I'm French Canadian Awesome Face

Good game to Tal's classmates :yoshi: THE GAME, they lost it, and so did you.

im assuming Don' is canadian? :U or are you messing with us
Chu
Chu

Back to top Go down

Post by Tal Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:00 pm

Well that is me not spell checking things. It happens. It's happened to me before when I was calling out someone's grammar. I've just been out of it this whole week. Also, Pika, copy/pasting your small writing makes things a lot easier to read.
Too bad I don't play.
Tal
Tal
Administrator

Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2