Advice Please

Go down

Advice Please

Post by Funky Road on Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:08 pm

Okay here's the low-down:

I've gave it some thou.... no sketch that, A LOT of thought and consideration. I've talked with my cousin and frost about these.
For starters, my cousin stayed a few nights for christmas and stuff, but when we took him home, I went with him into his room, I asked a few things about the XBox 360. He told me some things that sounded interesting and really got me thinking. Well, I was thinking about it for a good while til I brought the subject about it to Frost. I knew Frost was a big Sony player and really likes PS3, so he told me a LOT about it that really got my attention too. So then, I went online youtube, and looked up a video to make my final decision on wether Xbox360 or PS3 would get me interested better.

So now I've finally decided that I am going to work towards getting a PS3 and hopefully a HDTV as well.

Now all the advice I need about PS3 is any additional information that I might need to know, please tell me anything that I need to watch out for as well. I already decided on some games I would want to get for the game console as the following states:
Sonic the Hedgehog (2006)
Assassin's Creed
Resident Evil (idc which one but let me know about it if at all possible)
Little Big Planet (from what Frost tells me it looks like fun)
Future Guitar Hero/Rock Band games

My final question is any more addition information I might need to know, even things as to which I need to watch out for, and other Title Recommendations!

Much thanks to Frost for helping me make my final decision!
Funky Road
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Re: Advice Please

Post by BA on Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:14 pm

If you are using a HDTV, be sure to invest in a HDMI cord for your PS3. The HDMI cord will be the only cord you will need to connect your PS3 to your HDTV.

The HDMI cord connectors look like this:

Other than that, it looks like you're pretty much set to go.

Last edited by BA on Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
BA
A Member
with admin powers
A Member  with admin powers

http://woaclan.forumotion.net/u84

Back to top Go down

Post by Funky Road on Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:15 pm

Ok that helps more than you think!
Funky Road
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BA on Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:46 pm

Also, I have a list of games that may be of interest and that I've played before.

For fighting games, I'd recommend:

Tekken 6
The King of Fighters XII
Street Fighter IV
Soul Caliber IV
BlazBlue

For Mystery "point and click" type games I recommend:

Heavy Rain

I personally found Heavy rain to be quite enjoyable.

Action/adventure games you might want to check out:

inFAMOUS
Demon's Souls
Dead Rising 2
Fallout 3
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
3D Dot Game Hero - pretty much a legend of zelda ripoff but it has it's own unique qualities.

First person shooters:

Killzone 2
Battlefield: Bad Company 2
Left 4 Dead 2

Third Person Shooters:

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - there is also a sequel to this game.
Metal Gear Solid 4
Bioshock

RPG/RTS games:

Valkyria Chronicles
Final Fantasy XIII
Dragon Age: Origins
Tales of Vesperia

There may be a lot more games I've just forgot to add to here, but I'll add them if I can think of them.
BA
A Member
with admin powers
A Member  with admin powers

http://woaclan.forumotion.net/u84

Back to top Go down

Post by Funky Road on Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:03 am

Nice set there, I've heard of or seen of a few of them, thanks BA!
Funky Road
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimblade on Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:22 am

All I can say is, in bold and multicolored font...

DISGAEA 3

Aside from that: Resident Evil 5, Final Fantasy XXIII (If you're into RPGs), BlazBlue, and Little Big Planet...and that about sums up my recommendations.

And btw, Disgaea is an amazing tactical strategy series. It's like Final Fantasy Tactics, Fire Emblem, etc...only better.
Grimblade
Administrator

Administrator

http://woaclan.forumotion.net/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Funky Road on Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:36 am

yeah Final Fantasy is something on my mind as well. thanks Grim!
Funky Road
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Tal on Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:46 pm

RE5 is the only RE game for something other than Nintendo I think. Lol
Scratch that. Outbreak and 1 were for Sony (Outbreak was solely PS2, 1 was made for 1 and remade for the GC)
I enjoy FF, LBP is awesome, MGS is a must, and I'm too lazy to think of others. But look through other people's lists.
Tal
Administrator

Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurono on Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:47 pm

well a bunch of good exclusive titles are coming out for the ps3, so good pick in my opinion
Kurono

Back to top Go down

Post by Funky Road on Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:35 pm

Thanks for the recommendations guys, if y'all think of anymore from here to the time I hopefully someday do have a PS3, please don't hesitate to tell me.
Funky Road
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurono on Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:06 pm

no problem and will do Funk
Kurono

Back to top Go down

Post by Funky Road on Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:33 am

Well I'm now starting to actually try and make some more money, I already have a few things I can sell atm, and my friend said he might give me a gift card as my late b-day present so that helps out too!

What I might do is save up money for the HDTV and get the PS3 for Christmas or my next B-day which would be better being that my dad prolly won't get me one, I'll have to buy one my self xD
Funky Road
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurono on Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:17 pm

well that sucks, but you probably appreciate it more if you buy it yourself
Kurono

Back to top Go down

Post by Funky Road on Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:00 pm

Itachi wrote:well that sucks, but you probably appreciate it more if you buy it yourself
Yeah, which is why I looked up HDTVs online Walmart and Bestbuy and saw some pretty decent price ranges that I could probably get to soon enough at about.... 300-490$

So yeah lol
Funky Road
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurono on Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:32 pm

well black friday is the best to get a tv funk, like my cousin got a 40 inch samsung 1080p for $400
pretty good deal
Kurono

Back to top Go down

Post by Funky Road on Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:46 pm

well I decided to go back to trying to save up for a 12 string acoustic guitar.... as for the HDTV, idk if I'll get one

But as for the PS3, yes I'm definetly gonna try to get one for Christmas or my B-Day
Funky Road
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurono on Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:23 pm

yeah i dont have a HDTV either but i would be cool if i did, they arent necessary but it does make the graphics look better, like i said you dont need one.
Kurono

Back to top Go down

Post by Funky Road on Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:18 am

Itachi wrote:yeah i dont have a HDTV either but i would be cool if i did, they arent necessary but it does make the graphics look better, like i said you dont need one.

Yeah... that's why I'm just going to stick to saving up for an acoustic guitar XD
Funky Road
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Funky Road on Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:39 pm

lolI'll keep that in mind if I decide I want to take interest in that game XD
Funky Road
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurono on Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:26 pm

Max wrote:I have a PS3, but i dont play it much, maybe if you got LOLGRANDTHEFTAUTO4 then i would play with you and Frost,
Note: if you get GTA 4, and you play with frost, dont let him control a helicopter. He'll destroy you.
lol haha FTW xD
Kurono

Back to top Go down

Post by SnIpEzThRiCe on Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:54 am

Well Funk, if you do get a PS3 I strongly suggest getting CoD4. (The best CoD game the world has ever seen) Also if you do get CoD4 look out for those hackers at night. Sometimes when I try to play multiplayer I will stumble into a hacked lobby or something. Also if you are into the more "fun" games, get Toy Story 3! Heck, I'm 14 and I love that game!

Now if you are not into either of those games, get GTA4, or uh.... (xat HMM smiley here) some GH and RB games I guess. It would be fun if we could play GH6 or RB3 together (When I get a GH and/or RB guitar)

But other than all that I guess just follow some of BA's suggestions. Like LBP2 or inFamous. I heard BOTH of those games are ext- lemme rephrase that.... SUPER DUPER FANTASTICLY FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But ANYWAYS..... This has been Snipez..... and I am outta he-
SnIpEzThRiCe

Back to top Go down

Post by Funky Road on Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:25 am

SnIpEzThRiCe wrote:Well Funk, if you do get a PS3 I strongly suggest getting CoD4. (The best CoD game the world has ever seen) Also if you do get CoD4 look out for those hackers at night. Sometimes when I try to play multiplayer I will stumble into a hacked lobby or something. Also if you are into the more "fun" games, get Toy Story 3! Heck, I'm 14 and I love that game!

Now if you are not into either of those games, get GTA4, or uh.... (xat HMM smiley here) some GH and RB games I guess. It would be fun if we could play GH6 or RB3 together (When I get a GH and/or RB guitar)

But other than all that I guess just follow some of BA's suggestions. Like LBP2 or inFamous. I heard BOTH of those games are ext- lemme rephrase that.... SUPER DUPER FANTASTICLY FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But ANYWAYS..... This has been Snipez..... and I am outta he-

Okay, as for the CoD suggestions, I already have decided that I might get 3 of that series: Modern Warfare I, World At War, and Black Ops

Toy Story 3, Maybe... just maybe, because I've loved Walt Disney and Pixar movies ever since I was a child. And I'm 15, and I still love CARS, Monsters Inc. Finding Nemo, Lion King, etc. lol Also Dreamworks Animation I like their movies too like Shrek.

if I get any GH or RB for PS3, I will probably just get a guitar kit. Or, just sell my Guitar Hero and Rock Band stuff for Wii, to invest in that for PS3 GH/RB Controllers.

GTA... no, i don't really care for those games....

But thanks for your suggestions!
Funky Road
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum