Clan discussion #1

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Clan discussion #1

Post by BA on Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:33 am

Alright everyone, we're going to have a clan discussion. Basically I want everyone to voice their opinions on the topic at hand. (which is about the rules of this clan)

In this topic, I'd like to hear from everyone what kind of rules are the most important in our clan or even in any online community. Also what kind of rules that we enforce now that are irreverent or pointless. As with any kind of society, laws are never perfect and will always be up to different interpretation, but if we can all come up with a general understanding about what is expected here and what the majority wants then we'll be just okay.

Also if you're going to list a rule or guideline then you should also be sure to explain yourself, it will be a lot more helpful to us all if you do.

Last edited by BA on Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:15 am; edited 1 time in total
BA
A Member
with admin powers
A Member  with admin powers

http://woaclan.forumotion.net/u84

Back to top Go down

Re: Clan discussion #1

Post by Chu on Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:35 pm

well, first off let me say, jealous members keep making lame excuses just to become an attomatic mod. for example, your age >_> i wont get into too much detail but seriously? It doesnt matter what age, gender, type, or race you are, but how devoted and loyal to your clan is what matters.

Just because someone who signed up later than you, who got temp mod or mod, doesnt earn you the right to get mod yourself.
thats just being selfish in my opinion.

Even argueing about some of the these things is not mod material.

I hope i dont see anymore complaints in the future.

thank you
Chu

Back to top Go down

Post by SoulReaver on Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:01 pm

The most important rule here is to be kind to each other. Pointless rules are gravediging but it does get annoying in my opinion
SoulReaver

Back to top Go down

Post by cclloyd9785 on Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:12 pm

The only rule we have that i see being broken more than needed is being respectful to other members. I see it all the time on the cbox.
cclloyd9785

http://cclloyd9785.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoshi on Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:51 pm

I agree with sob and lloyd.
I don't have anything against the rules, i'm just upset that we are waiting for drew to start XOA. I've been patiently been waiting. I just don't see drew coming back anytime soon.
Yoshi

http://woaclan.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurono on Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:25 pm

well respect everyone is a rule that must be enforced because people are flaming each other in the chat and in the forums, sometimes, and this needs to stop
Kurono

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoshi on Sat May 01, 2010 3:31 pm

I agree. I believe warnings should be enforced more. That might help.
Yoshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Chu on Sat May 01, 2010 5:49 pm

maybe we should have rules and guidelines on the chatbox, below it.

you can make a tab about it and write some stuff down
Chu

Back to top Go down

Post by BA on Sat May 01, 2010 6:50 pm

Pikawars wrote:maybe we should have rules and guidelines on the chatbox, below it.

It appears that most of the dirty deeds take place on the chatbox. If we were to have rules listed on the chatbox, which kind of rules would we have? I understand that most everyone here suggested that we show a bit more respect for each other, but what constitutes as respectful/disrespectful behavior towards one another and also, is most of the disrespect shown around here just a form of joke?
BA
A Member
with admin powers

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoshi on Sat May 01, 2010 8:34 pm

No Spaming
No Flaming
No Advertising other clans
Treat everyone with respect.

I suggest adding that ^ plus whatever else you may think of in a widget above the chat.
Yoshi

Back to top Go down

Post by SoulReaver on Sat May 01, 2010 9:31 pm

BA wrote:
Pikawars wrote:maybe we should have rules and guidelines on the chatbox, below it.

It appears that most of the dirty deeds take place on the chatbox. If we were to have rules listed on the chatbox, which kind of rules would we have? I understand that most everyone here suggested that we show a bit more respect for each other, but what constitutes as respectful/disrespectful behavior towards one another and also, is most of the disrespect shown around here just a form of joke?
I think the joke part is what makes us disrespectful, at least me but i dont mean to anyway. Ive only done it twice, one was to pika and the one was ur mom jokes. I dont think the ur mom jokes were bad, it wasnt offensive, it just go annoying to them lol.
SoulReaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoshi on Sat May 01, 2010 9:41 pm

^ yes, but joking is alright. I tend to see that joking usually ends up to taking it too far. We aren't going to ban joking, we just need to be more responsible and catch ourselves when it gets to far. If not maybe a mod can pc that person and tell them they are.
Yoshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Chu on Sat May 01, 2010 9:59 pm

Yoshi wrote:^ yes, but joking is alright. I tend to see that joking usually ends up to taking it too far. We aren't going to ban joking, we just need to be more responsible and catch ourselves when it gets to far. If not maybe a mod can pc that person and tell them they are.

joking isnt alright, half the time it isnt jking. and if its offensive you cant just take it back and be all like" we cool? "
Chu

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoshi on Sat May 01, 2010 10:09 pm

If we are all in the chat and joking around that is ok. Yet someone like yourself takes it too seriously and it'll turn into a flame war.
Yoshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Chu on Sat May 01, 2010 10:23 pm

Yoshi wrote:If we are all in the chat and joking around that is ok. Yet someone like yourself takes it too seriously and it'll turn into a flame war.

yoshi jokeing is annoying, and half of the time its not jokeing
Chu

Back to top Go down

Post by BA on Sat May 01, 2010 10:25 pm

Yoshi wrote:If we are all in the chat and joking around that is ok. Yet someone like yourself takes it too seriously and it'll turn into a flame war.
If anyone becomes offended by it, first those who are offended by it should speak up and tell the authorities, then people should realize that and stop. That's where the respect comes in.
BA
A Member
with admin powers

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoshi on Sat May 01, 2010 10:34 pm

^ indeed, that means we can joke around. It's a chat room, if you don't have a sense of humor then don't go there.

Also when someone gets offended they talk back and that is the problem.
Yoshi

Back to top Go down

Post by BA on Sat May 01, 2010 10:38 pm

Yoshi wrote:^ indeed, that means we can joke around. It's a chat room, if you don't have a sense of humor then don't go there.

Also when someone gets offended they talk back and that is the problem.
Well there is a difference in peoples sense of humor, some people may become offended by crude or vulgar humor, that's what I meant.

There is also a difference between a random chatroom and WOA's Chatroom. While the atmosphere is pretty relaxed and you can pretty much say what you want, there are rules and we should be respectful of one another if they can't handle other peoples jokes, note that isn't the run of the mill joke where we say tee hee, it's a joke that could be found offensive by any standards and jokes that obsessively attack a person or their beliefs.

This is why it is difficult to determine what is a joke or not, first off sarcasm is hard to differentiate, and second off we all have different values in which we live by, while some people may fine some things funny, others might have contempt for it.
BA
A Member
with admin powers

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoshi on Sat May 01, 2010 10:44 pm

I agree, but pika is making it seem we should not joke at all and let the chat be like talking to one of our teachers.
Yoshi

Back to top Go down

Post by BA on Sat May 01, 2010 10:46 pm

Yoshi wrote:I agree, but pika is making it seem we should not joke at all and let the chat be like talking to one of our teachers.
That would be great. Just kidding.

I'm thinking that she would rather have people practice tact, then for them to run their mouth off and get themselves in trouble. We shouldn't be uptight like you said, but I think we can be smart about the jokes we throw out at others.
BA
A Member
with admin powers

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoshi on Sat May 01, 2010 10:51 pm

That's what I was trying to say.
Yoshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost on Mon May 03, 2010 12:30 am

personaly, i feel that the topic on respect on the chat and forums is just members over-reacting torwards others behavior chat or here. joking on the chat is joking, people taking offense to said joking need to 1st understand what the other is saying.

ex: lets say its Me, funky , and sasori in the cbox. we are all having fun (and this is where some of my comedy comes into play)
i'll say: '' SAAAAAAAAAAASSSSS!1111! getz ur ass on teh GTA4 so we can pwn bichs wiz our soopah gatz!

sasori: hell yeah these peeps gunna be like: ono frost and sasori dont pwn us, we are too nubish to be wrecked by ur AW350MN3SS!11!1! Q? lul

simple having fun joking around, yes abit vulgar, but u have to understand, its just having fun, even if it is to an extream where cursing is involved.

now 4 ex2:

i start joking: (trying to make a point w/o sounding too mean)
'' hey funk stop being a country weirdo and stop saying ''YALL" all the time D:< ''

funk: fucc u frost D;

frost: jkjkjkjkjkjjk (and then)

Frost: LOOLOLOLOLOLOOOOOOLOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL........
CAKES!''

thats when people should take offence and say something because thats a form of going too far, when trying to joke around.

adding rules under the chat imo would be a waste of time.
the only real correction that needs to be made in the chat is the way we speak to one another.

respect isnt in any need of improvement, honestly, we here are all friends and we joke around like friends. if one of us goes too far, the others should speak up , so that the other person knows not to continue and boom, case solved.

joking with friends in a more kindly manner then ive seen even if its just abit, would help. but when someone like ( and i will give a name )
fish or longcat or whatever the heck his name was (cuz ik he changed it)
things get hecktic because of what is said. yes it needs to stop but what it really needs is to be prevented.
thts all.nomor space on ds
Frost
Administrator

Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Chu on Mon May 03, 2010 3:27 pm

Frost wrote:personaly, i feel that the topic on respect on the chat and forums is just members over-reacting torwards others behavior chat or here. joking on the chat is joking, people taking offense to said joking need to 1st understand what the other is saying.

ex: lets say its Me, funky , and sasori in the cbox. we are all having fun (and this is where some of my comedy comes into play)
i'll say: '' SAAAAAAAAAAASSSSS!1111! getz ur ass on teh GTA4 so we can pwn bichs wiz our soopah gatz!

sasori: hell yeah these peeps gunna be like: ono frost and sasori dont pwn us, we are too nubish to be wrecked by ur AW350MN3SS!11!1! Q? lul

simple having fun joking around, yes abit vulgar, but u have to understand, its just having fun, even if it is to an extream where cursing is involved.

now 4 ex2:

i start joking: (trying to make a point w/o sounding too mean)
'' hey funk stop being a country weirdo and stop saying ''YALL" all the time D:< ''

funk: fucc u frost D;

frost: jkjkjkjkjkjjk (and then)

Frost: LOOLOLOLOLOLOOOOOOLOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL........
CAKES!''

thats when people should take offence and say something because thats a form of going too far, when trying to joke around.

adding rules under the chat imo would be a waste of time.
the only real correction that needs to be made in the chat is the way we speak to one another.

respect isnt in any need of improvement, honestly, we here are all friends and we joke around like friends. if one of us goes too far, the others should speak up , so that the other person knows not to continue and boom, case solved.

joking with friends in a more kindly manner then ive seen even if its just abit, would help. but when someone like ( and i will give a name )
fish or longcat or WIIFAN (cuz ik he changed it)
things get hecktic because of what is said. yes it needs to stop but what it really needs is to be prevented.
thts all.nomor space on ds

well adding rules wouldnt hurt but i guess your right
Chu

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoshi on Tue May 04, 2010 10:06 pm

I don't like the rule where only three people are allowed to tryout for the gfx team.
Yoshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost on Tue May 04, 2010 11:15 pm

sense when was that a rule?

the reason i said: lets keep it at 3 was because at 1st it was pika, then automaticly it was funky, then from nowhere sasori comes in and wants to try out too, to prevent like 10 people from coming up to me saying ''me too'' i said lets leave it at 3.

in fact, the whole test was to see what they could do with there art with a topic they were all unfamiliar with.

i then wanted the other gfx designers to rate and comment, then afterwards let them join.

ya, they all can join, i mean out of the whole team ive only seen 3 people (including myself) actualy make sigs ect. we need more people who wanna join, hence y i stopped at 3. the gfx team imo shouldnt be too big, the more people starting, and making gfx, the less people there is to make it for.

YOUR RUNNING US OUTA BUISINESS D:< 😢
Frost
Administrator

Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum