[woa]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My name is Boxxy...

+7
giDrew
Valiant
TR0LL
cclloyd9785
Storm
B0MB AKA L33ROYY
dhg734
11 posters

Go down

My name is Boxxy... Empty My name is Boxxy...

Post by dhg734 Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:10 am

but you can call me Doug.

I'm a 20 year old automotive technician by day and bartender by night which makes for a pretty interesting life.

I'm from Michigan about 40 miles outside of Detroit, which puts me in the eastern standard timezone. Currently, the only game that I play online is Call of Duty: World at War. This is the first game that I've played online with wii and enjoy it a great deal. I'm currently level 21 but I hope to improve that score significantly in the coming months... hopefully with your help! :D

I look forward to meeting people who also play this game so that I can play comfortably with a friend.

Hope to hear from all of you very soon!

dhg734

Back to top Go down

My name is Boxxy... Empty Re: My name is Boxxy...

Post by B0MB AKA L33ROYY Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:24 am

Hey welcome to the clan Doug :D

I'll play Call of Duty with you sometime :) hope to see you around :)
B0MB AKA L33ROYY
B0MB AKA L33ROYY
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:43 am

yea welcome to the clan.
whats your fav job? auto tech or bartender
Storm
Storm
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by cclloyd9785 Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:35 pm

boxxy=doug????
cclloyd9785
cclloyd9785

http://cclloyd9785.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by dhg734 Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:00 pm

That's a tough question, Storm. I've always been very interested in cars and the way they work. The new technology that they are constantly implementing into new vehicles is always evolving so it makes it fun for me to learn how it works and why it's there. I've always been very mechanically inclined and love working with my hands. I also take a great deal of pride in my work and will not let a car leave my bay until I know 100% that the repairs were completed correctly and everything is good and well with the vehicle.

However, ever since high school, I have always loved the party scene. I love meeting new people and listening to good music. As a bartender I can do both at once and get paid for it :p The only downside to this job is every now and then the music can be too loud to handle which makes for a rough night and there is always the group of guys that are only there to start trouble which results in people walking out on tabs and me losing money.

In conclusion, I'd have to say my career as a technician is my favorite as I will never get too old to twist a wrench, but I fear my days of loud music and weekly bar fights are wearing thin. I've been working at this particular club for some time now and I have done just about every job in the place. Bouncing, bartender, bar back... and as good as the money is... like I said, you can only take so much.

Currently I'm enrolled at a local community college working on a transfer degree at which point I will be transferring to one of the state universities for a degree in business while at the same time doing an intern at a local high school as a student teacher in the auto shop class. This makes my schedule extremely busy. But in the long run I hope that it will pay off as I'd like to open up a shop of my own somewhere down south.

Thanks for all of the responses and sorry if I dragged this response out a bit too much, I can't help but write :p

dhg734

Back to top Go down

Post by TR0LL Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:27 pm

Welcome to clan dude
TR0LL
TR0LL

https://www.youtube.com/user/Aozzborn99

Back to top Go down

Post by Valiant Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:50 pm

Sup hope to play you in Codwaw :D
Valiant
Valiant

https://www.youtube.com/user/10Phazon01

Back to top Go down

Post by cclloyd9785 Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:05 pm

answer my question plz.
cclloyd9785
cclloyd9785

Back to top Go down

Post by giDrew Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:35 pm

yo wazaaaa! good 2 c ya again and welcome to WOA man =D

u sound like uve got ur head on straight ;)

giDrew
Former Leader of WOA
Former Leader of WOA

https://woaclan.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by dhg734 Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:02 pm

Lloyd, sorry about that. But yes, Boxxy=Doug.

And thanks Drew :p
Most of my friends tell me otherwise but then again most of my friends still act as if they're in their freshman year of high school. haha. no offense to those of you who are in your freshman year or younger, you're allowed to act like that! :D

dhg734

Back to top Go down

Post by мιѕт Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:33 pm

Welcome 2 the clan n_n
мιѕт
мιѕт

Back to top Go down

Post by TR0LL Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:45 pm

hey dude welcome to W.O.A ^^
TR0LL
TR0LL

https://www.youtube.com/user/Aozzborn99

Back to top Go down

Post by woa_masaki Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:11 am

i hear in Detroit has 5 lane streets just to speed on must b fun for a car enthusiast such as ur self

woa_masaki

Back to top Go down

Post by cclloyd9785 Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:47 pm

boxxy=doug????
cclloyd9785
cclloyd9785

Back to top Go down

Post by dhg734 Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:03 pm

woa_masaki wrote:i hear in Detroit has 5 lane streets just to speed on must b fun for a car enthusiast such as ur self

lol well, most of the surface streets in my area are 5 lane roads but fortunately, for safety's sake, there are speed limits. However, there is a select group that I am familiar with that have the bad habit of closing down entire section of roads for late night races. I prefer to keep it on the track, where safety is the first priority, but there's not quite the same rush involved at the track as there is in a big-money street race. It's just a matter of what kind of risk you want to take. If you think winning some cash with the possibility of not only losing your license but also you car then street racing might be more your thing.

cclloyd9785 wrote:boxxy=doug????

lol yes, again... boxxy=doug.

dhg734

Back to top Go down

Post by cclloyd9785 Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:22 pm

how does that work out?
cclloyd9785
cclloyd9785

Back to top Go down

Post by dhg734 Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:55 pm

Lol Lloyd. It's hard to explain but it's and internet meme of sorts.

dhg734

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiki Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:17 pm

welcom to teh clan
Shiki
Shiki

http://clementizzle.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:29 pm

dude street racing. badass :welcome:

Last edited by Storm on Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Storm
Storm
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by dhg734 Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:10 am

lol well storm, if you say so :p

dhg734

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:57 pm

dhg734 wrote:That's a tough question, Storm. I've always been very interested in cars and the way they work. The new technology that they are constantly implementing into new vehicles is always evolving so it makes it fun for me to learn how it works and why it's there. I've always been very mechanically inclined and love working with my hands. I also take a great deal of pride in my work and will not let a car leave my bay until I know 100% that the repairs were completed correctly and everything is good and well with the vehicle.

However, ever since high school... (rest is epic too)
yea but bartender is a job where everynight is different right? its not the the same old "go to work do the same stuff, mon-fri"
Storm
Storm
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by nixon Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:25 am

Your internet subculture referencing skills are amazing.

Also nice job combo, it must get pretty interesting doing both those. Have you ever had a beer bottle broken over your head?
nixon
nixon
WOA Ally
WOA Ally

Back to top Go down

Post by dhg734 Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:21 pm

Storm wrote:yea but bartender is a job where everynight is different right? its not the the same old "go to work do the same stuff, mon-fri"

Yes and no. Upon arriving at the club I am responsible for pulling all of the liquor out of the wells and making sure every bottle is clean then cleaning out the wells. For those of you that are unfamiliar with a behind the bar setup, a well is simply a rack of steel shelves where the liquor is stored. After this is finished I pull all of the glassware from the shelves and make sure that nothing is broken or dirty, wipe down the shelves and put it all back to my liking. In this particular club there are 4 points of sale meaning there are 4 bartenders. Each of us like our bar to be set up in a particular way so if you weren't in that same spot the night before it takes a little bit of time to get things moved around to your liking. Don't get me wrong, this is usually a pretty fast process and not really much work at all but it does get repetitive.

When the doors actually open is when the fun ensues. There are a group of regulars that I see nearly every week I work. Some of them are good people who are there to have fun and spend money while others are there to wait until closing time to fight. After working in this field for some time it is very easy to pick out the trouble makers. So yes, I do meet a lot of new people every night and most of those are good people who enjoy conversation, a good joke, and bar tricks :p

RM_God wrote:Also nice job combo, it must get pretty interesting doing both those. Have you ever had a beer bottle broken over your head?

Lol. Yes, it is quite the combo. When I go to my bartending job my co-workers are forever asking me what is wrong with their car or if I'll fix their *insert imaginary part name here* then when I head back to the shop I get to share my stories with my co-workers over there and often times a guy will ask me "hey man I was at the bar the other night and had this drink...what is in it?" However, as you could imagine they are complete opposite ends of the spectrum. The club I work at is in an upper-class area and it is not uncommon to find maseratis, porches, and bmws in the parking lot. As you can imagine most of these people are white color workers who have never twisted a wrench in their life, me being their "single serving friend" as Tyler Durden would put it, I have to act like I'm familiar with their life style and know what they're talking about, little do they know, I'm just another blue-collar worker who some of them look so down upon. Haha.

Lol... well... I have not had a bottle broken over my head while bartending but when I used to bounce at the same establishment I have had bottles thrown at me/broken on me, hookahs thrown at me, chairs swung at me, guns shot at me, cars drove at me, you name it and it has happened.... this is why I'm not bouncing anymore. There have been several instances where I have been in very uncomfortable situations because of my job but, like I said, it can be fun and most of all, it pays well if you find the right place. However, just because I bartend now does not mean that I duck behind the bar like the rest of the bartenders haha. I have physically removed individuals from the club while I was supposed to be behind the bar which usually gets me into trouble but there have been times when I felt I was not going to be able to wait for the bouncers to get to the area.

Thanks again for all the responses, I didn't think this was going to spark up such a conversation lol.

dhg734

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum